Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    les06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 01:12 PM
    What do you do if your ex-wife doesn't follow the divorce decree when she files her t
    :mad:

As part of our divorce decree, the judge ruled specifically that we were both supposed to claim two of our four children on our taxes.

I just found out that my ex-wife claimed all four of the children and submitted electronically.

Now, I am worried that when I file my taxes (as the judge ordered) the IRS is going to see that we both claimed two of the same kids.

What do I do?

Am I correct in thinking that what she did was wrong and is going to be a problem for HER with the IRS?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 01:28 PM
    File yours as per the court order, attach a letter explaiining what your ex did, include a copy of the judges court order.

Don't worry about ex, just know they will know you are right.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Fr Chuck's guidance is correct!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Follow Up on the Ex [ 7 Answers ]

We started talking regularly again about 2 months ago. I was involved in a very bad accident, and was hospitalized and in a coma. My sister text messaged everybody in my phone to inform them of my status and the Ex's number was still in there. When I came to she was one of the first people to call...

X-husband defaulting on divorce decree [ 11 Answers ]

My former spouse agreed to pay me 25% (net) of his pending worker's comp claim in our divorce decree. However, he was successful in turning his "pending" comp claim into (2) separate back injuries to keep from paying me an extra $20,000.00. He did this by claiming he "reinjured his back 60 days...

X-wife in defalt of divorce agreement and visitation [ 3 Answers ]

my fiance's x-wife has moved back and forth from miami to orlando fl. Several times over the last 2 years with their now 9 year old daughter. My fiancé has not spoken to or seen his daughter know for 3 months. He is supposed to have visitation according to the divorce agreement with his daughter...

Please follow me and give me some advices... [ 11 Answers ]

There is one girl and guy that love each other very much, that had been together for more than one year already. During this period, they encountered different kind of obstacles that were trying to end up their relationship, when the obstacles comes, there is several times that the girl wanted to...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search