Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philo41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Getting help from philanthropist
    I lost my job 2 years ago. Like many others I have been looking for a job everyday am qualified for many, but because of my age I have not been able to get any interviews. Though I have been extremely close to getting a few.

People in my age group are dediated relaible, experience and have less home care responsibilities then persons with young familie. I don't understand the fair employers have in hiring those over 55 years of age.

My husband and I are struggling beyond belief. Each day we fear that we will wake up with no heat, water or lights. I have even tried work at home jobs and found that they are mostly scams or require more money then I have to pay them to get the job. Could someoone please help us-we hustr need a heand up so that our utilitie an be paid through the winter months. I pray by then I can either start a childcare service in my home or find a job outside the home. PLEASE NO MORE SCAMS REALLY NEED HELP!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Check with (call or visit) the reference desk at your local public library and ask for input about area and county resources for people in your situation. They will give you contact names and phone numbers. Also, ask about job opportunities there. Employees at the adult and children's checkout desks need only a high school diploma. Book shelvers (pages) might also be needed. Even if the job doesn't pay all that much, it's a job and you have your foot in the door for promotions when there is an opening. I started as a page at $3 an hour and ended up as a department head some years later. Usually public (and even academic) libraries have employees openings, especially in the circulation department.

Let me know how things go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to ask a philanthropist for money [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single parent and wanted to know if there was a philanthropist that would help me financially

Need money from a philanthropist [ 4 Answers ]

At this point I feel helpless, I'm a single mother with really bad credit and in the middle of trying to relocate to Columbia Missouri from Escondido California. I have three beautiful children ranging from 3 months to 10 years. My eldest has autism and a severe hearing impairement. Because of...

Finding a philanthropist [ 3 Answers ]

That will help a 22 year quadriplegic, build a house that is both wheelchair accessible and 100% green?

Philanthropist to ask for monetary help [ 4 Answers ]

Are there any philanthropist that can help low income family for a fresh start after filing bankruptcy? Bk was our last resort due to considerable loss of income. Our house in Fl was foreclosed. We had no choice but to move out of state and live with in-laws. Husband accepted any job available to...

View more questions Search