Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    archanakur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 04:00 AM
    Folder externsions are changing to .exe
    I placed my memory card in card reader and opened it, all the folder extensions got changed to .exe Could you please tell me how to change the .exe to folders back again and how can I restore them?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2012, 07:38 AM
    It sounds a lot like the SillyFDC virus to me.
    Check out this link for info and removal instructions.

Good luck,
    WallyH
    askitt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2013, 05:06 AM
    It is virus Worm/Autoit.ANVE problem. Follow instruction here to save files and folders changed to .exe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from standard A/C units to inverters, is changing the copper lines mandatory [ 0 Answers ]

I have wall embedded copper lines through several properties that want to switch to the new daikin inverters for a/c. Must I change all these copper lines?

When create a folder automatic create a same name .exe folder [ 3 Answers ]

When create a folder automatic a .exe folder create inside the parent folder with the same name please solve it and other was which antivirous software are best for Pc

Folder Lock 6= folder protection software [ 1 Answers ]

Folder Lock apparently creates a vault for files/folders that enables privacy via password protected "vault entry" and "file/folder extraction". I was fooled into thinking this was a new Microsoft product... Now I'm stuck... I moved folders into a "vault" and now I am unable to retrieve. Does...

Changing the outside unit vs. Changing the whole system [ 7 Answers ]

My outside unit leaks Freon and needs to be replaced. The system is about 9-10 years old. Initially, the contractor gave me a $2500 estimate to change the outside unit to a new Trane XR14. When the written estimate came, it included changing the coil and fan package inside (it's a ceiling unit)...

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

View more questions Search