Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QuentinMoyer Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Can a 15 year old start a Heavy Metal band?
    I'm 15 years old, and I am in 10th grade. I'm interested in starting a Heavy Metal band or joining one as a vocalist. I've taught myself how to do the "Screamo scream" and I've always wanted to be a singer. I'm not too good at regular singing, but I can do this type of vocals fairly well. However, I live in a very rural area where there are not many people into the same genre of music that I am, or are even interested in starting a band. Where I live is consisted of country and hip-hop music. The town that is near mine is a more urban and contains more people into rock, but I don't want to be in a band with 18-21 year old guys that are only in it for sex, drugs, and alcohol. Any suggestions on what you think I should do? Anything helps at this point. Thanks!
    -Quentin Moyer
    TeamEdwardJace Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2013, 04:53 PM
    Hey. It's awesome that you're into metal. However it may help if you learn about the scene, (the fashion. The music and subgenres of metal and its fusions e.g. gothic doom metal) look at metal from the past and its subgenres on how it sounded in the past till today. Learn about the different types of unclean vocals,
    There's growls, grunts, pig squeals, screams including inhale screams). Practice and learn how to do them. If you want to enlist a vocalist do clean vocals, hold auditions and perhaps post in online. Look at other town and perhaps put in l limit and look and hold auditions for people ( do you have talented friends who may want to help and into metal?)

Also, I like hip hop and rap can be really good. In fact there is rap metal and rap rock or rock bands that have rap singers like Linkin Park. Perhaps if you decide you like that too, get a rapper or someone who can rap and sing as well. Have it open to anyone including genders(but you know don't hire a 40 year old0

Also figure out who's going to write the lyrics and make sure they're good quality.

(starting a virtual band may help)

Good luck and make sure you practice! And yes a 15 year old can start one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song By 80s Glam Metal Band [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for the name of an 80s glam metal band, in their song, there is a line that goes "I'll kick your a$$ all over town" and the chorus goes "Outta my way I'm a comin through, I know what I want and I know how to get it."

Saints and Sinners heavy metal band [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a heavy metal band called Saints and Sinners? Their biggest and maybe only hit was "Rip it Up". I don't know where they are from or who the lead singer is. They have a mid to late 80s glam metal sound.

80s AOR song by a Swedish metal band [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a song that I heard on a YouTube video. It was by a Swedish band whose name I can't recall. The lyrics started like this "when I think of you, do you think of me. I know something's there, naturally". Anyone that can help me, that would be awesome. Thanks so much!!

Heavy Metal Band [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about a 1980's "hair" heavy metal band called Saints and Sinners. Their biggest hit was "Rip It Up" but I would like to know about their history and members.

View more questions Search