Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    e86348 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 10:16 AM
    In mi can I file for custody of unborn child
    I live in Michigan, am not married. The father of my unborn baby wants to sign away all rights to the child. He said he would pay child support if he has to but doesn't want anything to do with the child and that he will sign over custody to me. What should my first step be and do I have to wait until the baby is born before I can do anything?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2012, 10:18 AM
    Not until AFTER the child is born... and if he's going to be on the hook for support... odds are he's going to want visitation at some point and as the father... he's going to get it. At some future point he might even fight for custody as well when he finds out how much this is costing him. Besides the fact its easy to say he's got not interest before its born... because attitudes can and do change after they see their child the first time. Or are reminded every month when they write the check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the father of my unborn child get 50% custody if I want primary custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 4 months pregnant and the father of the child and I are no longer together. For personal reasons I want to give the child my last name, not his. He says he can CHANGE the baby's last name once a paternity test is done. Is that correct? Also, I want primary custody and would agree to give him...

As a mother of a unborn child can I file for custody of my own? [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first in ever being pregnant. I fear that my baby's father will try to take my unborn child from me once he/she is born. He has said before different times back and forth he would then he wouldn't. I myself need to make sure that never happens I'm not saying I don't want him to see his...

Can somebody file custody for unborn child? [ 2 Answers ]

Can somebody file custody for unborn child??

Can I file for custody of my unborn child? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Robbie. I don't know if I am in the right category but I have a question about custody. I'm I able to file for custody of my unborn child? Reason why I ask is my child is like 3 and a half months old and my ex has no ultra sound done yet and is not taking any vitamins or anything. It...

View more questions Search