Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Nov 13, 2012, 08:43 AM
    Cast iron with negative energy - fix or destroy?
    My husband is fixing our roof and brought down a piece of an old cast iron wood stove that had been placed in the eaves (which he found while removing a section of rotted wood). When he brought it inside, both my daughter and I suddenly felt ill, but he's insisting that he had a dream about finding it and wants to keep it.

Since my daughter and I are both Wiccan, we've been trying to bind the negative energy, but nothing we've tried so far has been strong enough. (She tried surrounding it with quartz, but my husband moved her protection and we both immediately felt sick again. I've covered it with sea salt to try to draw out the negative energy and put it where my husband will hopefully not notice it for 24 - 48 hours, but can still feel that it's here.) The questions I have right now are:

1) Is there something I can do to permanently remove the negative energy I can feel from this or should I insist that it needs to leave the house? (Please note that, although my husband has visions and dreams he can't explain, he doesn't believe as I do.)

2) Does anyone have any insight as to why someone would have put such a thing in the eaves and, if so, should I put it back there somehow? (The place it was isn't being rebuilt.)

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone can make.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 13, 2012, 10:24 AM
    2. If by eaves you mean soffit (overhang), I would guess that it was put there to keep animals out, especially racoons, which can rip wood and even metal flashing off.

I can't address the sick feeling, unless the smell of iron, rust and creosote mixed with possible other substances like old food or animal excretions are nauseating. I've dealt with mouse urine and droppings and felt so sick I couldn't even clean the area until I tossed a ton of bleach around and came back the next day.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 11:04 AM
    As Wiccan you should embrace the properties of iron; I can't think of anything more appropriate of the earth then iron, even after it has been melted down and domesticated.

You said 'part of' an old stove so for some reason this old stove was broken u p, destroyed because the original stove was put to some purpose it was not intended for. So, I would have to say get rid of it. Take it to the dump.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Tigerella, it is black salt you are supposed to use, not white. Sea salt mixed with back pepper, or better yet mixed with charcoal from your fireplace/artists charcoal.

This is a purifying technique if you husband is adamant about keeping the stove.

Iron to wiccans means strength and protection.

Nov 14, 2012, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    As Wiccan you should embrace the properties of iron; I can't think of anything more appropriate of the earth then iron, even after it has been melted down and domesticated.

You said 'part of' an old stove so for some reason this old stove was broken u p, destroyed because the original stove was put to some purpose it was not intended for. So, I would have to say get rid of it. Take it to the dump.

Since I'm not allowed to mark your answer as "helpful" today, just wanted to say thanks for the comment about iron. I have a friend who is researching the house to see if there is anything about the former owners - such as when they built the house so I can research the time frame to see why they would have broken up a stove, as local traditions change a LOT around here as new generations decide their parents are crazy...

Thanks again for the thoughts!

Nov 14, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    2. If by eaves you mean soffit (overhang), I would guess that it was put there to keep animals out, especially racoons, which can rip wood and even metal flashing off.

I can't address the sick feeling, unless the smell of iron, rust and creosote mixed with possible other substances like old food or animal excretions are nauseating. I've dealt with mouse urine and droppings and felt so sick I couldn't even clean the area til I tossed a ton of bleach around and came back the next day.

Thanks for the insight about racoons. We have had a few large ones going after the garbage and some squirrels who have worked their way into areas we didn't appreciate, so that may be the reason behind the metal in the overhang.

Nov 14, 2012, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Tigerella, it is black salt you are supposed to use, not white. Sea salt mixed with back pepper, or better yet mixed with charcoal from your fireplace/artists charcoal.

This is a purifying technique if you husband is adamant about keeping the stove.

Iron to wiccans means strength and protection.

Ah - still have a bucket of charcoal/burned ash from our wood stove that I'll add to the mix today. The sea salt idea was from a web site I visit often, but it didn't mention black salt...

Thanks for the thought, as my husband really is adamant about keeping the piece. I just need it cleansed so that I can go near it... *grin*
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 14, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Sure there is stuff you can do... but it certainly isn't Wiccan.
    Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 05:29 AM
    Yes, most certainly, researching the time frame, etc. is a good idea; who knows what that research might turn up. Please let me know down the line what it was, should be interesting !

Nov 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
    While I haven't heard anything more about why the prior owners would have put part of a stove in the overhang (and we haven't found any more, just that one piece), the "black salt" suggestion removed the strange feelings when we got near the iron. In another interesting note, my hubby found a flashlight when removing a piece of rotted plywood from the newer addition. Always something interesting in this place... :)
    Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 03:56 AM
    Thanks for getting back to us; glad th suggestion of black salt helped, Now that the negativity from the iron has been removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there such thing as a Cast Iron sleeve to put into Cast Iron plumbing pipes? [ 8 Answers ]

Is there a Cast Iron sleeve to put inside Cast Iron plumbing pipes to keep them from rusting?

How to undo a cast iron iron plug ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remove a cast iron plug from a cast iron drainage clean out behind the bathroom in an 80-90 year old apartment building to unclog the drainage. The plug is so tightly set that despite heating with a torch and liberal applications of WD-40, use of a big pipe wrench and a lot of elbow...

How much energy consume to destroy an iron cylinder by explosion of gun powder in it [ 0 Answers ]

When some gun powder explode in an iron hollow closed cylinder , how much energy consume to destroy that cylinder? We have inner and outer diameter and height . I calculate all of energy by enthalpy of combustion , I don`t know how much convert to thermal energy and how much consume to destroy .

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe [ 6 Answers ]

Cutting through cast iron How is it possible to cut through a cast iron soil pipe

Cast iron vertical from cast iron horizontal can be pvc? [ 2 Answers ]

A leak developed in the main cast iron vertical stack of pipes leading to the horizontal main drain. Unfortunately, for me, the leak was so close to the ground that I had to break the concrete slab of the house. At that point, it just made sense to dig an extra 4 inches or so and remove the bad...

View more questions Search