Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markdaniel_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 08:29 AM
    Question about work sponsored green card
    Hello,

My employer and I are in the process of applying for a work sponsored green card. I'm curious about once the process is complete and I have the green, whether I am legally obligated to remain employed with them for a certain period. Are there any kind of restrictions on what kind of employment I choose once I have a green card?

Thanks!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 06:05 AM
    There are no restrictions but there will be an effect on you when you apply for naturalization. Better remain with this employer for at least a year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B holder applies for Green Card, can his dependent work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi There, I am a H1B holder and my wife is in USA on a H4 dependent visa. My company is willing to apply for a green card for me. If the green card application is completed, can my wife work in USA? Thank you in advance.

Green card & Passport Question [ 2 Answers ]

I'm traveling to my home country but my passport and green card have 2 different last names. Will taking my marriage certificate be enough for when I re-enter the US?

I'm 19 I want a green card to work legally how do I do that? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in the u.s for about 16 yrs.ive attended my 12 years of school and graduated and dhold my h.s diploma .im a good citizen

I'm 19 I want a green card to work legally how do I do that? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in the u.s for 16 years and I've attennded school my 12 years I'm a graduate with my h.s diploma I've never been convicted of anything

View more questions Search