Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
    Finicky key fob
    I have an Automate remote key fob for my 2007 Hyundai Tucson. I bought the care used so I don't know if it was original equipment or not.

When I lost power due to Hurricane Sandy, the fob also seemed to lose power. I know its not related but the timing seemed weird.

Anyway, for several days the fob didn't work at all, I had to use the key. Then a few days ago, it started to work intermittently. Now it seems to work more consistently.

So my question is; what could cause this? Should I have the battery replaced? Or what?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2012, 06:32 AM
    Try this:

. Spray the buttons on the fob with WD-40.

. Remove the battery, clean the contacts, and lightly coat the battery with WD-40. Check the voltage with a multimeter, if you have one.

. Install a new battery, if the problem persists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is not eating and is finicky - but will throw up when his stomach is empty [ 8 Answers ]

My dog is 2 1/2 yrs and has always been a finicky eater. However, now he will barely eat the raw hamburger, and I have to hand feed him before bed so he won't throw up bile in the morning. What should I do?

Finicky dog doesn't want dog food. [ 10 Answers ]

I decided to feed Ruckus Iams healthy naturals as recommended by my vet. But he is not touching his food. He is not even smelling it. But he has been doing this before the Iams. He is such a finicky dog! One time he went three whole days with out eating! I leave his food out for 30 mintues,...

View more questions Search