Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angiehav Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 05:34 AM
    Alarm battery
    My DSC alarm system keeps beeping and saying to replace the battery. The only battery I can find is in the basement where the box is with all of the wires. It's a big black battery. Is this the battery I am supposed to be replacing?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2012, 06:51 AM
    It may be telling you to replace a wireless device battery,
    What happens when you hit *2(view trouble)?
    Those Batteries are 12 Volt, 7 Ah, will plug back in.
    After that you will likely have a low Battery trouble and Loss of time and date trouble, after charging a bit, the low battery trouble will be gone, you will need to set the time and date to eleminate the other trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke alarm beeping without battery or disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

I have 6 smoke alarms in my home; they are all hard-wired. I have had to disconnect completely--take them out of the ceiling--two of them as they went off for no reason. I took the 9 volt battery out of either of them first. That didn't stop it. Then I pulled the alarm out of the ceiling and...

Smoke alarm beeping without battery or disconected [ 1 Answers ]

I have 6 smoke alarms in my home; they are all hard-wired. I have had to disconnect completely--take them out of the ceiling--two of them as they went off for no reason. I took the 9 volt battery out of either of them first. That didn't stop it. Then I pulled the alarm out of the ceiling and...

THM501 Noma Program.Thermostat. Low battery alarm won't stop [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house with the THM501 programmable thermostat 4 months ago. No problems until two nights ago. The low battery alarm kept going off - a high beeP (that kills my dog) and a female voice. The house heat was dropping fast. I changed the battery from Panasonic carbon AA to 8X ultimate...

My smoke alarm is chirping after I changed the battery, it won't stop. [ 2 Answers ]

I have three smoke detectors plus another connected to ADT. I changed the batteries in all three, however one will not stop chirping. I tried to just undo the wires but that just set off the ADT smoke dectector. How can I make the chirping stop?

Reset alarm after new battery [ 1 Answers ]

I have put a new battery in my alarm, the control pannel is displaying tamper, how do I reset it?not sure on the alarm type but pannel has 9448 on it.

View more questions Search