Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imcuriousgeorge Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Hair Follicle Testing
    Okay, So I had a hair test not to long ago and I am just wondering if concerta will show up?

I don't have an addiction or anything. I have a script for adderall but there has been a few times where I was in between medicine and I took my little sisters concerta only if I needed to go to class (she has add/adhd too).

The only reason I felt comfortable taking it is because my doctor said that concerta would work for me and she was going to prescribe it to me but my insurance did not cover that particular script.

When I looked at the paperwork I didn't see Methlyphenidate (Spelling? ) But I am so nervous, I really want this job and I do not ABUSE drugs, Please can someone
    Give me some peace of mind, IM GOING CRAZY!
    ellelmd Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Concerta, or methylphenidate, is not tested for in a standard hair follicle test, so you are definitely in the clear.

FYI, a standard 12-p[panel drug test tests for the following substances:

Amphetamine (AMP) with cut-off level 1000 ng/ml
    Barbiturate (BAR) with cut-off level 300 ng/ml
    Benzodiazepines (BZD) with cut-off level 300 ng/ml
    Cocaine (COC) with cut-off level 300 ng/ml
    Marijuana (THC) with cut-off level 50 ng/ml
    Methadone (MAD) with cut-off level 300 ng/ml
    Methamphetamine (MET) with cut-off level 1000 ng/ml
    Opiates (OPI) with cut-off level 2000 ng/ml
    Oxycodone (OXY) with cut-off level 100 ng/ml
    Phencyclidine (PCP) with cut-off level 25 ng/ml
    Propoxyphene (PPX) with cut-off level 300 ng/ml
    Tricyclic Antidepressant (TCA) with cut-off level 1000 ng/ml

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Follicle Testing [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Dr.Bill, What does 500 pg/mg for hair testing mean?

Hair follicle testing [ 2 Answers ]

Just took at hair follicle test today, I smoked twice about a month and a half ago for the first time what are the chances of passing?

Hair Follicle testing [ 2 Answers ]

I recently smoked marijuana almost 2 months ago... I have a hair follicle test soon. I have shaved every hair on my body and my hair grows about an inch every month. Will they test my eyebrows? Will I pass?

Hair follicle testing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who is a former addict, but he has been clean for 13 years. He has recently had to take a hair follicle test for custody of his son. This test was done on pubic hair and showed a positive for cocaine and marijuana. The cocaine level was approximately 300. How long can cocaine...

Hair follicle testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone one know of a web site or company that sells hair follicle collection kits that will cover synthetic opiates? I'm looking to identify Nubain on a hair follicle screen, I don't think it can be identified by name, but it would be covered by a test that covered synthetic opiates. Thank...

View more questions Search