Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

Nov 12, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Negative or destructive Love
    I am working on an essay of sorts for school, and I'm supposed to analyse four different films with a common topic.
    The topic I have chosen is that of negative, doomed, or destructive love, and the way it's represented in film.
    The films I've chosen so far are:
    (500) Days of Summer
    The Graduate
    Lolita/Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (leaning towards the first, still deciding)

A requirement is that I analyse films from different cultures, so I am looking for a fourth film that is not American or British, as my supervisor believes the cultures are too similar.
    I need a fourth film from a different culture.

In short, I need a romance film about negative/doomed/destructive love, that is neither American nor British.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Would French work? How about this?
    He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not (2002) - IMDb
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2012, 12:27 PM
    I don't know any titles off hand but can suggest you look into Bollywood options. There are many stories of forbidden love where the man and woman are of different castes (social groups or classes) and parents don't approve, or when someone who's set for an arranged marriage by their families falls in love with someone other than the person they are promised to.

Sorry I can't think of a title but maybe someone else can? I just feel like I've seen several movies like this set in India.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 12:33 PM
    On the same track of dontknownuthin - I had to watch this movie in a film class a few years ago...
    Monsoon Wedding (2001) - IMDb
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

Nov 12, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    Would French work? How about this?
    He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not (2002) - IMDb
    Thank you! French works!
    wonthewest Posts: 138, Reputation: 11

Nov 16, 2012, 10:49 AM
    True Romance. Christian Slater & Patricia Arquette

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Destructive addictive relationship help [ 288 Answers ]

Hi, I Have a mess of a situation. Sorry for the long post. I wanted to try and articulate some of the depth, and my shortcomings as well as hers. I met my ex at my last job before I left for school. After a few months of working together, we hit it off before I left for school. We got...

Destructive Beagle: Should Owner Pay? [ 24 Answers ]

So I agreed to watch someone's (demented) Beagle. The person told me this "She may have a couple accidents because she's still not fully potty trained and she might whine at night because she sleeps with us". Okay I got that. However this isn't a couple accidents it's been constant. It hasn't...

My Dad is so destructive [ 18 Answers ]

Hello everyone I'm new here. I'm looking for some peace... Here's my situation.. My father has always been a very toxic person as long as I've known him. He has a laundry list of people he hates, most of which are family. He belittles, constantly full of sarcasm, does things (he calls it helping)...

Destructive roommate and pet [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ausitn, TX and I bought a brand new house last year and allowed my friend to move in with me. She does pay rent, but I never had her sign anything. We've been getting into a lot of arguments and recently she went overboard and I asked her to leave. She refused and I had to call for...

Destructive Puppy When I am not Home [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6mos old maltese/yorkie mix that has started being destructive when I am not home. I am not sure why she started this but am thinking it is separation anxiety but I am not sure. I work part time with varied hours because of young onset parkinsons but am usually only gone on Thurs and Fri....

View more questions Search