Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PhillyRunner123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 01:04 PM
    Getting along with a difficult coworker
    I started my new job 8 months ago and I'm having difficulty getting along with the coworker that sits in the cubicle next to me. She has been at the company for over 2 years now but we are both 25 years old and have the same amount of industry experience. We have very opposite personalities (I'm quiet, intellectual, and like to keep to myself while she is very loud, talkative and social but also aggressive). I used to be annoyed by her loudness but she has quieted down after other coworkers complained. My issue is her need to make me feel lower on the hierarchy than her. She can be very condescending to me and acts like I know nothing since I'm new, despite the fact that we have the same experience. I also have certifications that she doesn't have (she failed) which makes me more knowledgeable a lot of the time. How do I deal with her talking down to me all the time? She also tries to assign me work to do even though we are the same level and I don't report to her.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 01:17 PM
    I think you are going to have to give her a 'heads up' if she is bothering you that much. She obviously knows that it bothers you and is taking advantage of you. You can't let this happen or she will be doing it to you constantly.

Tell it like it is.
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Mar 12, 2013, 07:13 AM
    Think you should report her or request a meeting you, her and the manager to sort this out. And please sort it out people like this will just carry on bad behaviour if you do not make some sort of stand. Good luck.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 12, 2013, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles2222345 View Post
    Think you should report her or request a meeting you, her and the manager to sort this out. And please sort it out people like this will just carry on bad behaviour if you do not make some sort of stand. Good luck.
    Yes, agree, she must make a stand or will be taken advantage of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my coworker doing this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have only known my district manager for a couple of months and worked with him for a week about a month ago. Since then, I only talk to him on the phone once a week to go over reports. He was in the office last week and we spent the afternoon together on a project. He asked if I had a...

A female coworker coworker and husband to friendly at his work [ 2 Answers ]

This female coworker sends him filthy jokes, flirts with him, he is saying things about our personal home time to her , she has called him and he her , she doesn't even come over to talk to him when I am around. I am sure there is something going on. What do you think?

What does my coworker want from me? [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! I have a coworker that has been sending mixed signals for about a year now. We were friends a few years ago then I left the company. I came back and now I am confused. I don't know what to think. When I was there initially, we were good friends and joked around a lot. He even...

Should I ask out a coworker? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last couple years I have become friends with a coworker (who is single). When he first started working here I was at the end of a relationship and not ready to explore new people. Now I'm ready to date again. I'm concerned that if I ask him out it could ruin a good working...

View more questions Search