Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazy8760 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 01:09 AM
    My girlfriend won’t stop talking to her ex
    I need some help because I am just so lost right now and I don’t have anyone to ask for help. My girlfriend won’t stop talking to her ex.
    Well I’ve been with my girlfriend for 3 month (I know it’s not long we started in AUG), we been talking for 2 ½ months prior to us dating (JUN). She been in a few relationships and hasn’t been in one since MAY. All of her relationships were pretty bad; the last one that ended in May was because they were together for 4 months and the guy at the time said he loved her. She ran as fast as she could and didn’t talk to the guy till Jun or July but it’s not him giving me the issues, it is her ex of 6 years.
    The ex of 6 year’s (the issue) just came back from overseas (July); he was over there for 3 years. According to her they had a decent relationship and they both mutually ended it. They were going to get married at one point and also they were going to have a baby but she had a miss carriage. I guess they hooked out a few times after they were apart. She says they are just friends; he is part of her life and has been for 6 years. Well recently since Halloween we haven’t been talking as much, less than 50% as normal. She said we talk way too much which I can understand we texted nonstop since Jun. so I gave her the space she asked for. So I was concerned after a while about the decrease and asked what was going on. She said she just has a lot on her mind, I asked what was on her mind and she said just wouldn’t tell me so I had to keep asking till she did. She said
    GF: Someone wants to work things out there you go
    ME: Let me guess your ex of 6 yeas
    GF: Yes
    ME: Well what are your thoughts about that

GF: Like I said I don't not want to share.
    I have a lot on my mind

They hung out 3 days prior to this for 2 days after she got off work. I brought it up today that I felt it was wrong that if she continued to hangout, I really don’t mind them texting as long as it’s appropriate and only friendly because I respect friendship. She just flipped out on me saying and said “that is the one thing I will not do”. I told her how I felt but yet she still just refuses to do it and also said she will keep doing it, pretty much just a big slap to the face on my feelings and wishes. I just don’t know what to do, cut my losses now and give up on her? Just let her leave me sooner or later for her ex? Accept the fact that she won’t stop and just deal with it? Please help me?

I tired my best to be as detailed as possible
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 11, 2012, 02:07 AM
    Detailed, but totally confusing at the very end. Is she being 'just friendly' with him or more? She will 'keep doing' what? If the signs are there that she is going to get back together with him, it's time to start planning to move out and to move on. Fighting over it will do no good. Just tell her how it hurts, and move.
    crazy8760 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 03:22 AM
    Sorry it was confusing. She said she's just friendly with him but I don't know.
    She will keep hanging out with him.
    I can see some signs I guess but I really don't know?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 11, 2012, 05:47 AM
    It isn't easy to know when to put up with friendly exes and when to leave, and it's never a good idea to issue ultimatums about any friends, whether exes or not.
    She admits that HE wants to get back with her. At least she seems open and honest, so there's no reason not to trust what she says.
    I would tell her that it hurts. Tell her you don't know from day to day whether she is just 'keeping you around' until she decides what to do with him. Tell her that you may have to just leave and will decide soon. That is stating your action, your reaction, rather than making demands on her.
    But if you say it, mean it.
    heartbroken23 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Just to be honest wit you she want him back because if everything was OK before he came back in to the picture then she still have feelings for him and they had strong plans together and she might want them back Mii. Best advice is to step off before you really get your feelings hurt I know they hurt now but it's better if you step off before things get to bad and if they had plans on marriage and a bby they not just friends its way more then that don't settle move on *STAY STRONG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why will my ex girlfriend care if I stop talking to her [ 8 Answers ]

So my ex girlfriend says that it hurts her that I'm trying to stop talking to her? And it leaves me?? So anyone can please help me out lol

My girlfriend doesn't want to stop talking to her ex boyfriend [ 0 Answers ]

So hear is the story, My girlfriend told be a about 6 months ago the one of her ex boyfriends came into her work one day. He didn't know she worked there but talked to her for a few min. and handed her his number. The story I got from her before this was that she cheated on her first love/high...

Girlfriend won't stop talking to her ex [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend are having a really hard time right now we have been dating for a year and a half and it is getting bad like I think we are both about fed up with each other which is hard because I am deeply in love with her and I feel she is with me. We recently split up because I messed up...

My girlfriend won't stop talking to her ex [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend won't stop talking to her ex Well I've been with my girl for 8 months. I'm 23 she's 22. She had 6 months that she hadn't been in a relationship but that relationship was 4 years long. Well we became boyfriend and girlfriend. The problem is her ex! he now realizes what he lost...

Girlfriend won't stop talking to ex [ 16 Answers ]

You guys have probably seen this question a million times, but I feel I should ask it anyway I recently got a girlfriend, it's been about 3 weeks. The only problem is that she talks to her ex constantly. He lives about 4 states away, and there's a reasonably good chance he's never coming here...

View more questions Search