Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winbatch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 09:39 PM
    Old Phone System - VOIP - grounding?
    Hi,

Bought a new house a few months ago. Even though the house was wired for VOIP, there were a lot of old telephone wires (including a large Bell box mounted in the basement) in the house. I'm in the process of trying to remove all that wiring and noticed that there was a wire that was in the mix that was connected to a pipe - I believe this was for the purposes of grounding. Is this something I need to deal with given that I'm doing VOIP? Basically a jack is simply connected to the back of the cable modem so I'm not sure if any grounding is required?

Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Cisco IP Phone / Voip Issues [ 2 Answers ]

Hi We have 7 Cisco IP phones in our office which all plug into a cisco router and then into a BT router. Can I plug phones directly into BT router instead of using the cisco one? We feel this is causing all our Voip issues at present. Thanks

Getting Problem While Using SIP VOIP Phone [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting one prob while using my SIP VOIP phone, when I call from my Phone first time after loged in, it's OK but whenever I try to call 2nd time, its start dialing and but Status remains Connectting, after some time it shows Timed Out. And now the status of my Phone becomes Lged Timed Out,...

Getting Problem Using SIP VOIP Phone [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting one prob while using my SIP VOIP phone, when I call from my Phone first time after loged in, it's OK but whenever I try to call 2nd time, its start dialing and but Status remains Connectting, after some time it shows Timed Out. And now the status of my Phone becomes Lged Timed Out,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.