Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynzieN Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Is it possible for one use of adderall to show up on a hair drug test
    Okay sorry I have to ask...
    I took a half of an adderall so probably 5mg or less like two months ago.
    I went in for a hair drug test and physical yesterday for a new job, now just dreading the wait... do you think that will come back as a positive? I only did it once and never again because of this stuff..

Sorry to bug anyone.
    ellelmd Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 05:01 PM
    Theoretically, the 5 mgs of Adderall can be detected in a hair test. My hunch is that you will be in the clear due to the small amount ingested and the fact that hair follicle tests can only detect the presence of drugs ingested in the past 90 days.

A brief background on hair follicle testing (Drug test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hair drug testing
    Hair drug testing is a method that can detect drug use over a much longer period,[23] and is often used for highly safety-critical positions where there is zero tolerance of illegal drug use.[24] Standard hair follicle screen covers a period of 30 to 90 days. The growth of hair is usually at the rate of 0.5 inches per month. The hair sample is cut close to the scalp and 80 to 120 strands of hair are needed for the test. In the absence of hair on the head, body hair can be used as an acceptable substitute.[23] Even if the person being tested has a shaved head, hair can also be taken from almost any other area of the body. This includes facial hair, the underarms, arms, and legs or even pubic hair. Because body hair grows at a different rate than head hair, the timeframe changes, with scientists estimating that drug use can be detected in body hair for up to 12 months. Currently, most entities that use hair testing have prescribed consequences for individuals removing hair to avoid a hair drug test.
    The claim that a hair test cannot be tampered with has been shown to be debatable. One study has shown that THC does not readily deposit inside epithelial cells so it is possible for cosmetic and other forms of adulteration to reduce the amount of testable cannabinoids within a hair sample.[15]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will suboxone show up in a pre-employment hair drug test? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm about to take a hair drug test for a job and have been taking 8mg of suboxone every day for about 90 days. I'm quitting today cold turkey, obviously. If failing is a possibility, what can I do to help my chances? Cut my hair?

Will a 10 mg of adderall taken 30 days ago show up on a hair follicle drug test? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter took 10 mg. of Adderall more 30 to 45 days ago. She now has to take an hair follicle drug test. If positive her school will submit it as evidence of drug possession and expel her. Is even this small amount likely to be detectable?

Adderall not showing up in drug test [ 1 Answers ]

I take 30 mg of adderall daily. However, I was given a 10-panel urinalysis last week that resulted in "negative" for everything. I don't understand why this happened. I had been taking my pills religiously everyday, and even took several hours before I took the test. This was not a surprise...

Hair follicle drug test for adderall? [ 0 Answers ]

This is crazy but I have been reading all these things and I have to ask. I take 15mg og generic adderall everyday from the doc but my husband has to take a hair follicle test for work. We have sex all the time will it show up in his system or hair?

Will 3 hits of marijuana show up on a hair drug test? [ 1 Answers ]

I smoked 3 hits of marijuana mid-october (around oct 13 I think) and didn't even feel high... I am very active and work out basically every day, am in very good shape, have medium-thickness dark hair. If I have to do a hair drug test for a job at the end of november/beginning of December will I...

View more questions Search