Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tttomttt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 01:30 PM
    ductwork nomenclature
    Hi, New to the Forum. I am a Electrician by trade but an all around do it yourselfer. I am in the middle of an addition on my house and before I close up some walls I want to install some ductwork for a future install of CAC. I purchased some oval duct to pipe from my attic through the non load bearing walls of my walk in closet and into the family room ceiling. The family room is rather large @ 17x24 so the plan is to install 2 8'' oval ducts into the room. One duct is straight from attic to the family room and the other will be a 90 to push it further into the room. My questions are should I transition from oval to round after the 90? In addition I would like to know the proper names for the pieces of ductwork that the diffuser will eventually attach to. Any and all info will be helpful as far as nomenclature of ductwork parts that I might need to know. Thanks
    Tom

Check out some similar questions!

Nomenclature example? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a binomial nomenclature

Formula Nomenclature [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name for Sr(C2H3O2)

Flat Oval Ductwork vs. Rectangular Ductwork [ 16 Answers ]

Should I use 6" round ductwork or round oval ductwork that's designed for a 2x4 wall? I just had central air installed in my 1200 sqft cape cod house. I have 2 bedrooms upstairs, one is fed from the end of the supply trunk and the other is fed from the beginning of the supply trunk. The room...

An example of binomial nomenclature [ 4 Answers ]

*** give me an example of binomial nomenclature.

Chemical nomenclature [ 1 Answers ]

BrF - what is this Hypophosphite - how is this represented with letter symbols Fluorate - " "

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.