Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linda321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2005, 12:52 PM
    Speakers
    :confused: I connected new but no-name speakers to my new Dell. I get only static (squealing if I turn up volume). AOL says contact Dell. Dell says speakers may not be compatible w/ windows 98. Any other advice,please?
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Jan 15, 2005, 11:02 AM
    Make sure the speakers are plugged into the correct speaker port/hole in the back of the PC. I know it sounds obvious but I've seen them plugged in incorrectly too many times. Usually, it is the green colored hole for the speakers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sub woofers and speakers [ 2 Answers ]

Can any one recommend any good sub woofers and speakers for tvs

Speakers [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 93 grand wagoneer and the front & back drivers side speakers have no sound. We disconnected the speakers and tried them on the house stereo and they work. Question is this: there are so many wires and we are trying to figure out if the speaker wire has come loose somewhere.We have no idea...

4 6x9 speakers [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 6x9 in my car and I want another 2 more how would I go about wiring them up can I just wire them to my other 6x9 or what do I need a amp or something the 6x9 I have in car now are 240watts and ones I'm getting are 350 watts

HELP!car amps and speakers [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought an old motorhome and am planning on installing 4 Pioneer 330 watt 6x9s and am unsure what kind of amp I need. I have a very cheap deck, but figure that won't matter if I get the right amp that can power all four speakers. Please if you have any help for melet me know. Thanks,...

Plinking noise from speakers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi-- Yesterday this plinking noise started coming from my speakers--It sounds like a leaky faucet dropping in a tin bucket--"plop"--thanks for any help

View more questions Search