Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Minecr4ftChick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2012, 08:41 PM
    (120v~240v) stereo system is plugged in and doesn't power on, checked fuses...
    I have a rather old dual voltage stereo, it's been working for a LONG time, took it with me overseas for 2 yrs and used the 240v switch, brought it back to the U.S. now it doesn't want to turn on, even if the voltage selector is set to 120v... checked fuses, outlet, plug, etc. still nothing.

I'm just a kid, so I don't exactly have enough to buy a new one...
    Help?
    rusty50 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 06:57 PM
    Would like more information on what brand you have and also how did you check the fuses, outlet & plug. Did you use a volt meter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting 120v from 240v Spa [ 0 Answers ]

My Spa currently has 60hz 220v Service from a 50Amp GFCI shutoff (2 Hot plus Ground, Neutral terminates at the shutoff). I want to add a PH Control system to it that uses a probe to test the PH and has a receptacle to lug a solenoid in for a CO2 Tank. The system is rated for 60hz 110v and/or 50hz...

240v & 120v help [ 1 Answers ]

In a non-residential cabinet, I have 240v equipment being fed by a single pole breaker and 1 side of a tandem breaker. Can I tap the hot going to tandem breaker to feed the other side for a 110v outlet. The main panel breaker would disconnect the cabinet completely do Isn't this legal.

240v to 120v [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 240 volt breaker box, need to put 20amp breaker for 120v in it. How do I put a breaker in & get 120v. If I single phase it, I only get 94 volts

120v to 240v [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! If anybody could help me with this it would be great. I'm looking at buying a festool saw from america which runs on 120v but tools and electrical equipment in austraila run on 240v. Is there anything I can do to make it work and if so is it going to be a hassle??

View more questions Search