Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 01:57 PM
    Watching football isn't a health hazard
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Is football the new tobacco?? Is it gonna become illegal, or unrecognizable? Will nanny Obama make flag football the norm?

excon
    You have nothing to worry about ex. He wont know about it until after it has passed.

;)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 03:30 PM
    From what, choking on one of his gun control placemats being stuffed down his throat?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Is football the new tobacco?? Is it gonna become illegal, or unrecognizable? Will nanny Obama make flag football the norm?

excon
    hope not love watching the Seahawk D play in front of a home crowd. The central goal of boxing is to concuss the opponent . Yet even though the evidence is clear that the repeated blows to the head causes permanent damage ,the fight game remains relatively unchanged. Football is under assault because of it's popularity ,and because kids play organized football at an early age.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    hope not love watching the Seahawk D play in front of a home crowd. The central goal of boxing is to concuss the opponent . Yet even though the evidence is clear that the repeated blows to the head causes permanent damage ,the fight game remains relatively unchanged. Football is under assault because of it's popularity ,and because kids play organized football at an early age.
    And kids don't fight at an early age.... time to get real and ban all contact sports. Boxing causes brain damage, Football causes brain damage and there are some like ice hockey you have to be brain damaged to play. Why don't you confine them to baseball and soccer, no brain damage there, oh with baseball, on reflection I'm not so sure, lots of bean balls there.

What it comes down to is you have to curb aggressive urges and insist on respect, something western society has never learned
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 05:17 PM
    I can't wait for the super bowls of tiddly wings and jacks.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 05:44 PM
    Tiddly wings?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Maybe ping pong might be ok except you usually have a winner and a loser in the game.
    Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Yeah WINGS, use your imagination. What you never tiddled a wing before? Great sport :D

(That's what I get for multitasking. Typing, eating pizza, and watching KC/Denver. Great game. :D)
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    And kids don't fight at an early age.... time to get real and ban all contact sports. Boxing causes brain damage, Football causes brain damage and there are some like ice hockey you have to be brain damaged to play. Why don't you confine them to baseball and soccer, no brain damage there, oh with baseball, on reflection I'm not so sure, lots of bean balls there.

What it comes down to is you have to curb aggressive urges and insist on respect, something western society has never learned
    you think soccer players don't get concussed when they head the ball ?
    Frequent soccer headers may leave lasting brain damage - CBS News
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    you think soccer players don't get concussed when they head the ball ?
    Frequent soccer headers may leave lasting brain damage - CBS News
    well no but they might get concussed when they clash heads, or run into a gaol post or another player but the incidence of it is much lower than what happens when you have a spear tackle or head to head impact because they are not actually attempting full body contact. Look football helmets exist for a reason, long ago it was recognised that the american football code was killing the players, in other codes of football it is also recognised head injuries are something that has to be dealt with, causing certain rule changes, but you get the thugs in every sport, those who play the man and not the ball
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2013, 11:16 AM
    Hello again,

I'm not so much interested in the fact that sports are violent, as I am about the LAWS surrounding them.

Toward that end, two Seattle Seahawks were suspended for smoking pot. Why? It's LEGAL here. Can the company you work for tell you what LEGAL substance's you can and cannot use?

Maybe it's against the owners religion...

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2013, 11:20 AM
    I would assume it's the NFL substance abuse policy. Wanna play in the NFL you agree to the terms.
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2013, 11:25 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Wanna play in the NFL you agree to the terms.
    But, liquor isn't one of those substances, huh? If I was one of those players, I'd SUE. I'd WIN too. Who amongst us thinks pot is MORE dangerous than booze??

Pot in the locker room is gonna happen.

excon
    Expert

Dec 2, 2013, 11:27 AM
    I would talk to the union rep to make 'em stop testing for pot.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2013, 12:17 PM
    But, liquor isn't one of those substances, huh? If I was one of those players, I'd SUE. I'd WIN too. Who amongst us thinks pot is MORE dangerous than booze??

Pot in the locker room is gonna happen.

excon
    Just like employees of Hobby Lobby or a church, if you don't want to accept employment under their terms you can work elsewhere. I'm guessing a LOT of Washington employers do pre-employment drug screening even though pot may be legal, so get after it and sue 'em all. I'm sure there is no reason to worry about tokers on most jobs, like oilfield workers, miners, air traffic controllers, train conductors, etc.
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2013, 12:20 PM
    Hello again, Steve:
    I'm sure there is no reason to worry about tokers on most jobs, like oilfield workers, miners, air traffic controllers, train conductors, etc.
    You'd sh!t if you knew what the government trusts ME with.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Yeah well, the government ain't too smart if you haven't noticed.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2013, 06:28 PM
    Obviously he hasn't noticed speech, Ex doesn't do subtle, he likes it to all hang out
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2013, 06:41 AM
    Even as he has one foot out the door ;Nanny Bloomy is at it again. Now he wants to mandate that all NYC school children get a flu vaccine.
    Protest Planned Over Mandatory Vaccine Requirement in New York | Politicker

I'm wondering which Pharmaceutical company Bloomy has interest in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nanny Mcphee [ 7 Answers ]

I just saw the best little film I have seen in a long time. Nanny Mcphee, if you haven't seen it yet it is just excellent! Gather the kids around, make popcorn and sit back and enjoy. Angela Lansbury plays the wicked old aunt and she is a gasser! If you have seen it let me know what you think.:p

Looking for a former Nanny. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I've seen others put up stuff about finding people so I thought I'd give it a wack. Between the years of 1997-1999 I lived in Izmir, Turkey. While I was there I met a woman who has had a huge impact on my life... Deniz. She was our nanny, but she was more like a best friend. She...

Who's your nanny? [ 17 Answers ]

The nanny state has come to this... I'm literally speechless.

My son wants the nanny over me [ 2 Answers ]

I've gone back to work 1 month ago after my extended Maternity leave. My son is 16 months old and seems to be forming a bond with his Nanny. I thought this was great at first, but he seems to want to be with her more then he does with me. When I go to pick him up, he leans towards her. He's not as...

A nanny's right [ 1 Answers ]

This might not be the right place to ask this question but I can't seem to find the answer. I am a writer who is working on a story about a mother who leaves her children in the care of a nanny and disappears. The nanny wants to take care of the children what are her legal rights and how does...

View more questions Search