Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, smoothy:
    That's NOT the law.. Possession of even one gram of pot is a felony under federal law...

But, I see, that even YOU have some compassion in your heart, and you TOO think Holder should HAVE the prosecutorial discretion to ONLY go after pound dealers..

excon
    Possession with intent to distribute... that is the law...

And those people SHOULD get locked up.

Incidentally... if there were no users... there would be no dealers... if there were no dealers there would be no Cartels. Everyone in those groups share the blame... that applies to ALL drugs equally.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 01:20 PM
    Hello again, smoothy:
    Possession with intent to distribute... that is the law...
    Nahhh.. Possession PERIOD is the law.

But, you missed the point, anyway.. You SAY Holder doesn't have the authority to use discretion in one breath, and then you say he SHOULD use discretion in the next.

Excon
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Aug 31, 2013, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Did you actually read the study?
    Yes. There was a link attached to the article.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2013, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, smoothy:
    Nahhh.. Possession PERIOD is the law.

But, you missed the point, anyway.. You SAY Holder doesn't have the authority to use discretion in one breath, and then you say he SHOULD use discretion in the next.

excon
    Possession with intent to distribute is a whole lot worse... because you are a dealer at that point.

The law is the law... its not for him to decide if any laws are going to be followed or not... in fact for him to even think he can means he is putting himself above every other branch of government... which by the way... constitutionally... are co-equal.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Hello again, smoothy:

I'm going to try this one more time.. You are INCORRECT on the law. It doesn't matter which crime is worse - distribution or possession. BOTH of them are against federal law.

But, you DON'T support federal law as it IS, any more than Holder does. According to YOU, he should go after pound dealers, and leave the smokers alone.

You apparently think he SHOULD use his discretion only IF he agrees with YOU. But, if he doesn't, he doesn't have the authority AT ALL...

You DO understand, that that makes no sense, don't you? Or, not. You'll probably MISS the point again, because it'll DESTROY your argument.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2013, 07:14 AM
    I reckon the new gun control laws didn't go over too well in Colorado.

Colorado Senate President John Morse, state Sen. Angela Giron ousted

An epic national debate over gun rights in Colorado on Tuesday saw two Democratic state senators ousted for their support for stricter laws, a "ready, aim, fired" message intended to stop other politicians for pushing for firearms restrictions. Senate President John Morse and Sen. Angela Giron will be replaced in office with Republican candidates who petitioned onto the recall ballot.

Party insiders always said Giron's race was the harder one. Although her district is heavily Democratic, Pueblo is a blue-collar union town. Morse's district included Manitou Springs and a portion of Colorado Springs — and more liberals.
    Giron was defiant, because after all "We will win in the end, because we are on the right side," she said.

Apparently some people disagree that taxing them to death and eroding their constitutional rights is the "right side."

"It's unclear when the city of Pueblo was last represented in the Senate by a Republican."
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2013, 07:20 AM
    I guess that shows there is a glimmer of hope for Colorado after all.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2013, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I guess that shows there is a glimmer of hope for Colorado after all.
    Now if all those wrinkled old hippies and airheads would just clean up the ratty mobile homes and junk vehicles ruining the view of the mountains.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 11, 2013, 08:08 AM
    I guess the blind people buying guns is next.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2013, 08:11 AM
    I'd rather have a blind guy with a gun near me... than someone high on drugs or drunk with one.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2013, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I guess the blind people buying guns is next.
    You discriminate against those with disabilities?
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2013, 02:37 PM
    Debbie Downer says the reason the two gun control Democrats lost was voter suppression. That and the NRA, the Koch brothers and blah, blah, blah.

”The recall elections in Colorado were defined by the vast array of obstacles that special interests threw in the way of voters for the purpose of reversing the will of the legislature and the people. This was voter suppression, pure and simple.

“Colorado voters are used to casting their ballots by mail, but because of lawsuits filed by opponents of common sense gun reform, voters were not mailed their ballots in this election. Those who intended to vote in person did not learn their polling locations until less than two weeks before Election Day. Tuesday’s low turnout was a result of efforts by the NRA, the Koch brothers and other right wing groups who know that when more people vote, Democrats win.

"But any electoral victory that hinges on impeding access to democracy is a hollow one, and ultimately, the NRA did not get what it wanted. The recall results will do nothing to change the Democratic control of the Colorado House, Senate and Governor’s office. And the commonsense gun laws that were passed by popular vote in Colorado will remain intact, including provisions like universal background checks and restrictions on the size of ammunition magazines. This will make residents safer from acts of violence.

“The Democratic Party has already bolstered its effort to expand voting rights through the National Voter Registration Project, an outgrowth of our belief that when more citizens are involved in the political process, the better it is for the country. I have faith that the outrageous events in Colorado will bring more activists to join our cause, because the American people understand that the right to vote is a fundamental feature of citizenship that must be protected against assault.”
    OK Deb, first of all Bloomberg and your other cohorts outspent everyone and still couldn't win, in a union town that can't remember when a Republican lat represented them.

Second of all, the reason voters weren't mailed ballots was because Democrats passed election reform that violated the state constitution.

The Sept. 10 recall elections of two Democratic Colorado lawmakers were supposed to be the first test-run of a new election overhaul, passed this year by Democrats, that would have sent mail ballots to every voter.

Now, those elections won’t involve any mail ballots at all.

After a long day in court, District Judge Robert McGahey ruled in favor of Colorado Libertarians, who’d sued after being denied a spot on the recall ballot because they failed to meet a deadline, put in place by the new election law, to submit petitions within 10 days of the election date being set.

McGahey agreed with the plaintiffs that the state constitution — which has, for 101 years, allowed candidates up to within 15 days of an election to submit their petitions — takes precedence over the new and, ultimately, flawed law.

“I know what this decision means,” McGahey told the court as he issued the ruling around 7 p.m. Monday night, alluding to concerns from county clerks of escalating election costs and from Democrats who worried that the loss of mail ballots, which can’t be printed and mailed to voters in time if candidate signatures are validated so late, will lower voter turnout.

“I wish I didn’t have to make this decision, but I do,” McGahey said. “The constitution can’t be ignored.”

The argument from the plaintiffs was simple and, it turned out, on solid legal ground: that the constitution trumps conflicting state statutes.
    But you go on blaming others for your own mistakes, Deb, it's something you Dems have down pat.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2013, 02:53 PM
    The president can sign the treaty, but congress has to ratify it to be honor, but it doesn't over rule the constitution. So call, write email your congressman and senators and tell them you are against the small arm treaty, and if they don't vote your way, vote them out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just started birth control 3 weeks ago and my period didn't come yet [ 0 Answers ]

I started ortho tri-cyclen on May 23rd because I have irregular period. I haven't had my period since January & I was put on the pill to regulate my period cycle. I just reached the first pill where I'm suppose to get my period. I'm sexually active & do not use condom. I started getting cramps for...

Does my son's father have any control over where my son and I live and for how long? [ 4 Answers ]

My son's father and I recently split up. I am moving back home to El Paso, Tx to stay with my parents until I can get back on my feet. (We currently live in Houston). My ex agreed to me taking our son with me. He was totally fine with everything yesterday, but this morning he showed me a paper he...

Why is my period lasting so long after birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I usually have regular period- 3-5 days . However I recently insert mirena and now my period is lasting 2 weeks. Why?

How long after being off birth control pills can I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 children. The youngest is 10. My husband and I are trying for another baby. I have been on Birth control pills for the past 10 years now. I stopped taking them 6 months ago and still am not pregnant. With my second and third child I was off the BC pills for only a month and got pregnant!...

How long can I stay on birth control pills [ 2 Answers ]

Im 26 years old I had 4 kids but one passed away. Im now on Yasmin birth control pill I have been taking it for 1 year and a half. I don't want anymore kids but afraid I might want in the future. Is it bad to stay on birth control pills for long? And how long is bad? Is it safe to stay on them...

View more questions Search