Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zedden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Deductible plan question
    My wife and I are both retired, and over 60. My health insurance plan is offered by my former employer through BCBS. Up until now we have opted for the higher deductible ($5000) plan, but since we are living on a lower income now, we are thinking about choosing the lower deductible ($2500) plan for 2013. Our health is fair, but as we get older it only figures that medical issues will increase. The difference between the yearly premium amounts is only around $500. My previous employer will add $1000 to the HSA account with the lower deductible plan, and $2000 to the higher deductible plan. Does it make sense that we would more likely take the lower deductible plan since it is only about $500 more per year, and we'd only need to pay out of pocket $1500 to reach the deductible, versus paying $3000 out of pocket to reach the higher deductible?
    Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

Low deductible or High deductible [ 0 Answers ]

My wife and I are both retired, and over 60. My health insurance plan is offered by my former employer through BCBS. Up until now we have opted for the higher deductible ($5000) plan, but since we are living on a lower income now, we are thinking about choosing the lower deductible ($2500) plan...

Question about menstrual cycle, ovulation and plan b [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to try and make this as short/sweet as possible. Last night I had sex. We used a condom. He ejaculated and pulled out and then we realized the condom had broke! ='( I took plan B this morning. I am very worried because last night when I went to the bathroom (before sex) I noticed I had...

Plan B Question [ 1 Answers ]

So me and my boyfriend had sex and the condom completely broke and he had ejaculated in the condom so everything went in. Anyway so about 30min later we went to Walmart and got the plan b and I took it. What I'm worried about is if I'm ovulating and then the pill delays it but sperm lives for...

Plan B question? [ 4 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend the day my period ended. The condom broke and I took Plan B 10 hours later. I got bleeding a week later for about 6 days. Was this my period? Could I be pregnant? When should I expect a period? Thanks.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.