Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larfy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Dealing breakup & cheater after being there for his depression
    My ex and I have been broken up for a month and half now. We had been together for 4 1/2 years and lived together. He throughout the relationship on & off suffered from depression. So when he had been depressed for the last several months do to selling family business/not knowing how to cope with life then I didn't doubt that it really was him depressed again. Well he started with drawing about several months ago & going out a lot & drinking to cope with all this/escape reality. On a few occasions I asked him about us/his feelings and other girls. He always said it was not us/me/feelings hadn't changed and there was no one else. He said he was so depressed about life & didn't have time to think about girls/having sex etc (which we hand;t in long time). Well, I tried to be supportive since I knew those were side effects of depression. Because of all this we were having fights. Then right after New Years this year he had big problem at work (his new business & they aren't doing well). He was stressed about it & one night came home & said he need a break that the passion was gone &it wasn't;t me & that sometimes he still feels like he wasn't wants to get married. We had 2 week break. He then said he were better as friends. I then ask him about a girl he denies exists. I call her & she says they are just friends & knows all about me. Well, many tell me now they are more than that/sleeping together. When I went go move my stuff out I found stuff that shows he was using some substances. I confronted him because me & his family are worried about him & his behavior lately. He apologized said he was sorry & is going for counseling, but still denied her to me. Well tonight when I called him... she answered the phone. She is 21 and he is 36. I'm 29. I'm so hurt because I even said at to him the other it is fine if you are dating we are broken up. He still denied it giving me hope that maybe it was just things he was going through &the rumors are not true. She has texted me several times in the past & said they are just friends however tonight when she answered his phone she seemed annoyed he denies being with her. I'm so hurt & I want to hate. I don't get any of this. It is all so messed up. WHy does he still deny & why did they both lie about it & she call me about of the blue to say they are just friends. I feel betrayed because who knows how long he cheated & with how many & because I wa there supporting him along thinking it was his depression. He previous to the two weeks was calling me his future wife. I don't thin I can ever trust anyone again & want him to be sorry & don't know if I should tell his parents about the drug thing. I'm so upset & hurt. PLease give me some advice. I am questioning everything now.. I thought we had a stronger relationship. I don't get why he'd say that about depression. It makes me sick that she is staying at the house & did while all my stuff was there. She told me about other girls too that she knew about that he hung out with.. so what kind of girl is she. She must be after his money since he has a lot. I'm so upset & feel like such a sucker & so stupid
    Mommy2gio Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2007, 02:13 AM
    Hey sorry for all of the crap you are going through. She might be his little drug buddy. Honestly a lot of people who are into drugs find temporary superficial connections with other druggies. That could be why he is spending so much time with her. If you two are not together anymore then remove all of your stuff and distance yourself. It doesn't make you feel good to know he is hanging out with other girls then don't stick around to hear about. She is probably telling you about others girls to piss you off so that you will not want to be around him anymore. If you truly love him then yes you can mention something to his parents. You don't have to say anything specific about drugs but just let them know that you guys are not together and that you have some concerns about his behavior and that you suggest they look in to it. Good luck!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 04:45 AM
    It's over. I'm sorry for your loss, but you're better off without him. He's immature and unstable--understandable at 19 maybe, but not at 36. He's old enough to know better. Take it as a lesson and move on.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 13, 2007, 07:39 AM
    You are not stupid.

I hear someone learning the lesson, learning to see things as they really are and find her way through someone else's madness.
    That... is never an easy task.

Remind yourself of who you are periodically and don't look back too much.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Tell this guy to seek help immediately.

This is easy - MOVE ON.

Find a healthy person to be with. It seem thi gu ywill always bring you down.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Feeling aside, accept he is out of your life, and rejoice in the freedom you know have to pursue a healthy life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing with depression [ 5 Answers ]

How do I deal with depression?

Alcoholism & Depression [ 13 Answers ]

My dad’s brother died on Boxing Day 2004, he was 55 years old he died suddenly from a heart attack. My dad took it very hard and started drinking heavily. He had always liked a drink but he started going to the pub more often and also drinking at home a lot. We all tried talking to him telling...

Dealing w/ Loss of Gpa :o(... & Very MAD! [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry, I had to delete. I feel nervous posting this personal info here. I don't know how to delete my post. Thank you.

The Girl, The Breakup & Everything [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 33, she's 38 (been divorced for over 10 years with 3 children). We met @ work in 1999 in NY, and developed a great friendship. We'd go out all the time & talk all the time, completely innocent, no dating, no kissing, no sex, just a once in a lifetime friendship. She moved to North...

View more questions Search