Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zedden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 09:45 AM
    Low deductible or High deductible
    My wife and I are both retired, and over 60. My health insurance plan is offered by my former employer through BCBS. Up until now we have opted for the higher deductible ($5000) plan, but since we are living on a lower income now, we are thinking about choosing the lower deductible ($2500) plan for 2013. Our health is fair, but as we get older it only figures that medical issues will increase. The difference between the yearly premium amounts is only around $500. My previous employer will add $1000 to the HSA account with the lower deductible plan, and $2000 to the higher deductible plan. Does it make sense that we would more likely take the lower deductible plan since it is only about $500 more per year, and we'd only need to pay out of pocket $1500 to reach the deductible, versus paying $3000 out of pocket to reach the higher deductible?
    Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

CSD Deductible [ 1 Answers ]

Like to ask a question. I know about CSD deductible concerns preexisting conditions. What I want to know is? Do you list these preexisting conditions and thereby only these conditions are subject to the deductible.in treatment. Or is it just a general deductible overall

Is a $2,500 deductible better than a $5,000 deductible? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm shopping around for insurance. It's hard doing it on your own. Now before I call the insurance company, does anyone know anything about this kind of stuff?

Is NJ-SUI and NJ-WK Deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

On my wife's W-2, NJ-SUI and NJ-WK is listed. SUI is supplemental unemployment tax but I do not know what NJ-WK is? Could you provide an answer. Also are either of these items tax deductible on the Federal 1040. Thanks, Barry

Sdi tax deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

Is nys sdi tax tax deductible on my federal return? On the instructions for schedule A it states that any mandatory payments to the non occupation disability benefit fund in NYS is deductible. Is SDI & this fund the same thing?

Tax deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

Are personal items that were appraised and taken to a dealer for sale with the money going to the trustee to dispurse tax deuctible.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.