Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dserna Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 05:16 AM
    Remove name off contract
    Buying a house with a friend she has not paid her part would like to take her name of contract
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2012, 05:19 AM
    Have you, her and the seller, all sign an agreement taking her off

Nov 7, 2012, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Have you, her and the seller, all sign an agreement taking her off
    No she won't sign
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 7, 2012, 05:33 AM
    Then you can't. And you are each liable for the entire payment - the lender doesn't care if they get it all from you, or all from her, or part from each of you. If she isn't contributing her part, you have to sue her, but just for money, not for her name off the contract.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 7, 2012, 06:07 AM
    More details are necessary. What stage is the purchase in? Where is this happening? Do you have enough to buy the house on your own? What is the state of financing?

Nov 7, 2012, 08:49 AM
    It was a deal between us and seller got 4years into paying on it what lagel way can I do it

Nov 7, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dserna View Post
    It was a deal between us and seller got 4years into paying on it what lagel way can I do it
    N.m

Nov 7, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Ok, so this was a contract for deed. That wasn't clear.

Your only option is to sue the other party to either pay their share or sign over the contract.

Nov 7, 2012, 01:22 PM
    If I can get her to sign what do I get her to sign if not sue her money she owes

Nov 7, 2012, 01:25 PM
    You have to draw up a new contract with the seller, that removes her name along with a release from her agreeing to being removed. I would strongly suggest having an attorney prepare the documents.

Nov 7, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Me and seller have one already seller agrees she is in brech of the contract do we her need in order to sign the new one sorry at work so bear with me

Nov 7, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Well if the contract has terms that can be used to just says she is in breach, then you may be able to use it. We need to know exactly what the contract says about a breach.

Nov 7, 2012, 02:09 PM
    She has not paid a dime mortgage texes nothing we just did same contract just took her name off and up the mortgage payment

Nov 7, 2012, 02:20 PM
    You aren't understanding me. You just can't remove her name, You have to have legal grounds to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bike made deposit and signed contract can seller get out of contract? [ 6 Answers ]

I Looked at a bike I saw on craigslist, liked it and made a deposit of 100 dollars after I agreed with the owner to pay the balance of over 3000 dollars if the bike passes inspection. I believe the bike passed inspection, although told otherwise by owner, he had re listed the bike on craigslist for...

Upon death of a seller in a real estate contract, how to get a buyer out of contract [ 23 Answers ]

In the state of Missouri, a seller in the middle of a sales contract died. The closing time is not yet lapsed and all the contingencies on the buyer side is fulfilled. There is will in place and an executor named for the estate already. The son (named executor) can not legally sign for the deceased...

Contract lawnotice of intent not to renew contract for services [ 1 Answers ]

Are notices of intent not to renew enforceable in California, and if so, is there a limit on the damages assessed (liquidated damages)? Does the consumer legal remedies act apply to small business customers in California, or only "consumers" for personal use? I contracted for 3 years for...

View more questions Search