Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roddilla Posts: 145, Reputation: 3

Nov 7, 2012, 05:09 AM
    Fix bad sectors and corrupted hard this
    Are there any freeware programs which can fix bad sectors?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2012, 06:39 AM
    If the sectors are really bad.. there is nothing on earth that can fix them... free or not.

And the only Utility I would trust to find which ones were marked defective in error... or recover data... isn't a free program.

NONE of the freeware I've ever tried is worth the time it took to download... nor most of the commercial ones either for that matter.

Buy it... spend the money... its worth every penny. Its called Spinrite.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Nov 7, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Spinright 6t from GRC is the best I have found it is $89.00 and well worth it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2012, 07:41 AM
    Yep... thats the one... Been using it since version 1.0... thats a LOT of years.. Worth every penny.. and good to run at least once a year even if you don't have problems you know of yet. I've tried many others over the years ( I have my sources)... nothing else has ever come close. It's the only one I would recommend to anyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad sectors [ 2 Answers ]

Hai One of my hard disk is affected by bad 88 sectors.how to remove the bad sectors.is there any software to remove or any commands.

Corrupted De [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, so the problem I am having right now is that after the motherboard splash screen comes on and is just about done loading(the bar is nearly full) the computer completely freezes and starts consecutively beeping, I have tried finding a beep code for the 400 xps with no avail, I have tried to...

Part of External Hard Drive not showing or corrupted [ 1 Answers ]

HI, my external hard drive has 3 partition. After using it only 1 time it quit showing one of the partition. I would like to know how can I recover my files? Or if it is even possible? When I try to stop device it shows all the partition but it says "e" is corrupted and cannot be accessed. Please...

Hdd bad sectors [ 7 Answers ]

I have a hdd which got bad sectors in the beginning I cannot format the drive And if I repartition the drive during installation the operating system gives the message that my hdd is infected by virus I have scaned it with norton antivirus but still can install any windows operating system ...

View more questions Search