Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmb885 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 07:31 PM
    Control board for goodman gmp075-3 furnace serial number0005601329
    I have a goodman gmp075-3 furnace serial number 0005601329 that will not start up. I have done some troubleshooting as outlined below:
    1) turn thermostat up and exhaust motor comes on. Igniter does not glow and furnace light on board flashes 5 times.
    2) Checked and am not getting 24V to gas valve. Traced wiring to board and pulled off connector with mutliple wires. Checked for voltage on wire that goes to swithces and then to gas valve. Have 24V at plug connector on board. Plugged back in and checked on same wire that starts switch circuit from plug and does not show 24V so I tested wire from plug connector on board to other end with ohm meter and shows wire is good so it seems something is shorting out with connector plugged in.
    3) Ran a jumper from 24V to gas valve and it opens.

Any thoughts on why I am not getting 24V from board with connector plugged in and why igniter is not glowing?

Any help appreicated greatly.

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace gmp075-3 manual [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Goodman Furnace GMP075-3 which we replaced the gas valve and flame sensor in 2008 for the same problem that I am about to describe that is currently happening AGAIN! The funace kicks on, it ignites, flame goes out and fan continues to run blowing cold. This happens intermittently NOW,...

Goodman gas furnace gmp075 3 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , my goodman furnace gmp075 3 furnace ,inducer turns on ignitor glows ,burners fire for about 5-7 sec,then turn off blower doesn't come on,but if I let it cycle about 5 times then the blower does come on and it works fine,can anyone tell me what's wrong, thank you

Goodman heater gmp075-3 3-blinks on board [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman heater gmp075-3, the problem is it don't work. Cleaned vent replaced the pressure switch. Still nothing. The board blinks three time which supposidally means a clog somewhere?? Please help if you can. Tom

Goodman heater gmp075-3 3-blinks on board [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman heater, I have cleaned out the chiminey pipe, replaced the pressure switch and it still will not ignite, can anyone point me in the right direction to repair this? Tom

Goodman Furnace GMP075-3 [ 1 Answers ]

Had a Heating Co. check my furnace. They found heat exchange cracked at heat exhange-burner entry venturi point and main center roll out missing. They said we should replace. Does that sound correct? Is the furnace safe to run?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.