Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GOURMETGUY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 03:27 PM
    honeywell smart valve gas valve loose wire
    I have a Comfortmaker II 80 & Eff. Furnace installed in 1996 It has served m e well since I bought the house but then last year I had some problems as it began to shut down randomly. I had two different reputable companies out that I had look at the unit, these " Certified Professionals" each gave said the same thing. " You need a new furnace , and I'm the guy to install it for you" $1600-$2000. Later, I had a friend who I didn't want to bother look at it, and he discovered that there was some wiring fused together which was causing the short. He recommended that we replace the Honeywell 60 mhz 24 Volt Gas Valve / Smart Valve. The valve works fine for about two days, if you want it to work after that all you need to do is wiggle the wire that looks like a phone cord and it kicks on. Does this mean that I need a gas valve or new wiring? Please help.

Check out some similar questions!

Cross reference honeywell smart valve numbers with any manufacturer [ 0 Answers ]

Have a honeywell smart valve sv9570A2054 for water heater Cannot find reference to this model number on honeywell website other than Installation instruction manual from 8/2006 Need to find which smart valve replaced this one

Honeywell Smart Valve (SV9541M) - LED Indicator - 3 Flashes [ 0 Answers ]

I've been having trouble with my heater. When I turn it on, I only get cold air blowing even though the temperature is set at 71. I checked the heater out and noticed the Honeywell Smart Valve's indicator light wasn't blinking constantly. I looked it up and it says that the pressure switch (I have...

Heil Gas Fur smart valve sv9541 cycles, clicks valve, lights pilot on off.Flame? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Heil Natural Gas Furnace with smart valve sv9541 that goes off and the valve click as the ignitor glows on and off while lighting the pilot light which then goes out, and back lit?Is this a flame sensor problem? Thanks for advice.

Honeywell Smart Valve [ 0 Answers ]

Ducane furnace with ST9160B control card : I have a Smart Valve (SV9520H) that seems to pass all tests and shows nothing is wrong (according to indicator flashes) Hot surface Ignitor glows, valve solanoid clicks to allow gas to come out but nothing comes. I disconnected Gas and tried to blow...

Honeywell Smart Valve failure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Tempstar furnace and what is happening is the furnace will call for heat and the draft inducer motor will come on and after a momont I will hear the pressure switch go and nothing happens. The electric glow rod does not glow and the furnace does not fire but here is the catch the first...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.