Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khatrishalu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 09:23 PM
    L2 - how to apply for EAD
    Hi,

I am here on L2 VISA. I would like to take up the employment and have the following queries.

1. Do I have to get the EAD before the SSN.

2. Do I need an employer to get the EAD? Or I can file on my own?

3.How many forms(like I-765) I need to fill to submit to get the EAD? I am confused with the term concurrent filing?

4. Which is better and faster, E-filing or submitting the form with all the documents?

5.If I go for E-Filing, how they will verify about my documents and how are they going to get Photograph,finger print etc.

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Shalini
    dhakshreddy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 07:44 AM
    :)

I am also in L2 Visa and juts got my EAD.

Yes,we need to get EAD first else we cannot apply for SSN.

You can do E-filing in USCIS.gov .Once you have filed you will get an appointment for your Biometrics test(Finger print) in your nearest center.

After this,you need to post the documents mentioned in your I-765 to the respective office.

This is how I applied.

Hope this info is useful.

Regards,
    Dhaksh
    Pallavi_an Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 11:15 AM
    Hi,

U don't need to have EAD to apply for SSN. Your L2 visa is a proof that you are alien authorized to work in the US. Just take the following documents to the SSN office.

Marriage certificate
    L1 and L2 approved visa petition
    Passport

I got my ssn before I got my EAD.

I would recommed going in for e-filing and then sending in the supporting documents to your processing center asap.

Hope this help

Regards,
    Annie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L2 based EAD to work as 1099Misc legal? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please let me know whether it is legal for anyone with L2 based EAD to work as a independent contractor and get paid in 1099 MISC instead of in W2?

L2 with EAD what form to fill [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am on an L2 visa with EAD and worked in the US for all of 2006. My employer gave me a W-2. My husband is on L1 visa but gets his salary in India. There is no US income for him. What tax form do I use. 1040NR or 1040EZ 1040A 1040 . Can I use "married filing jointly " with 0 income for my...

OPT->H1->EAD(from pending 485), tax treaty? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear tax expert, I was on OPT/F1 till 06/05, on H1 from 06/05 to 08/05, then I started using my EAD obtained from my pending 485 from 09/05. I understand I can file as resident and use 1040 base on the substantial presence test as it is over 183 days since I used H1. But there is no case example...

Tax question for H1B and EAD for 2005 [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I was on EAD from 2/1/2005 onwards. My H1B approval dates are from 12/2/2005 to 11/30/2008. 1. For tax purposes for 2005, what kind of forms do I fill. 2. Am I still eligible for the India treaty? (My first date of entry to US was fall 2001 on F1 status). 3. My employer withheld Social...

H1b + ead [ 0 Answers ]

Hi! I have both an EAD as well as H1B. I'm right now on the H1B and haven't started using my EAD as yet. My H1B is not stamped onto my passport either since I need to travel to India for doing that. Next month I'm planning to visit Singapore so that I can pick up my mother who is travelling alone...

View more questions Search