Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzy515 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 04:42 AM
    Is it normal for me to still love my ex 3 years after our breakup?
    I dated this guy in school a couple of years ago, and he was amazing.
    Really sweet, caring and supportive.
    We were together for a little under a year, during my early teens.
    It was all perfect until one day he cheated on me with my classmate!
    I was heartbroken, I had no idea what to do.
    He showed me a side of him that I never even knew he had. He apologized every day for hurting me, but never actually admitted what he did, though I knew he did.
    It was irritating, being lied to over and over.
    He asked to get back together, but I never did.
    I knew he was a bad person who would probably never learn.
    Anyway, its been 3 years now, but I'm still not over him. I cry when I see him sometimes, I die when I hear about him and other girls. I haven't dated since then, but he has.
    Is this even normal?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 6, 2012, 05:26 AM
    'Normal' means within the statistical norm, but of course it connotes something different.
    So no, it's not the norm for a teen to be still suffering after 3 years.
    It's also the norm for teens to play the field somewhat, because young minds and attitudes and feelings are changing so rapidly, and because there is so much to learn about life and people.
    I suspect that there is something about you that takes hurt and lies really hard. It isn't so much feelings of love or missing him as it is wishing you knew what it was about you that he was willing to be so casual about - BUT we don't know how involved he was exclusively with you! When you are a 'young teen' (you don't say age), it's very easy to be unclear about commitment.

(PS: I think you might want to stay out of advice to married pregnant women in other countries. Your advice was 'off' to say the least, and reveals your age. Give advice to other teens all you want!)
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Nov 6, 2012, 10:56 AM
    You can't complain when you decided not to accept his apology.
    Can't blame anyone but yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup after 5 years, how to move on? [ 2 Answers ]

I'd been with this girl for a little over 5 years now, I'm currently 24. She was the first girl I've ever loved and I prepared myself to want to be with her for the rest of my life. Recently I've had to move around and be apart from her because of my job. She's still in college so she can't just...

I'm still in love with a guy I haven't seen in 3 years, is it normal? [ 6 Answers ]

Greetings all I am still in love with a guy I met 3 years ago, it's been long since I saw him but I think about him everyday, we had this strong connection, we just sparked nut failed to talk and it was love at first sight, that momment was just so sweet but I don't know if this is normal....

I feel good after my breakup. Is that normal? [ 10 Answers ]

Good day everyone! Prior to my previous messages, I was going through a lot of stress and unhappiness with my ex boyfriend. He took me for grated, didn't put me in his priorities even though he said he was... etc. Regardless On Friday when we broke up... I felt good yet very sad... I cried to...

Is it normal to beat yourself up over a breakup? [ 43 Answers ]

Entire story merged Bit of a long-winded story, I'm afrad... I met a wonderful lady in May last year. Her 2nd husband had moved out six months earlier, and she has three kids who stay with their dad(s) every fortnight. For the first six months, everything was really good between us. She 'lit...

4 years and a breakup [ 38 Answers ]

Me and my X met at our first jobs when I was 24 and she was 22. She began chasing me at work and having her friends come to my desk to ask if I was interested in her. I always said no and I wasn’t looking to get into a relationship. After about a month of this nonstop badgering of me, I gave in and...

View more questions Search