Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angela harry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 02:19 AM
    After birth blood clots
    Is it normal to pass a large blood clot 5 days after I gave birth
    jshenton27 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2012, 11:31 AM
    Absolutely! In fact, you can have unusual bleeding, discharge, cramps, contractions, etc. for up to a year. If you are truly concerned, you will want to consult with your GYN. I have had 2 babies and have had bleeding and clots for several weeks post delivery and was told it is normal.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Getting checked out is no harm, every women is different and a lot depends on your delivery, medical background etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood clots [ 0 Answers ]

I have been passing blood clots the size of golf balls with little to no pain or cramping

I loose a lot of blood and pass really big blood clots and in a lot of pain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 33 year old woman who has went through 2 child births and ever since I had my second child I have been having real bad periods. But this month it is very different I am in a lot of pain and passing a lot of big blood clots and I am losing a lot of blood! I have tried to take a luke warm...

Irregular period, thick blood, light flow, blood clots [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 19 and I am supposed to be on my period now. When my period started 3 days ago it was only brown discharge and then changed to red. Now its only thick blood and clots which is coming out and it hasn't happened to me before and it barely reaches to the pad. I usually have a normal period, I...

Big blood clots [ 3 Answers ]

Yes I started my period on the 28th and for about a couple of days now I have had large blood clots as big as golf balls. Is this normal or what should I do

Blood Clots [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Currently On The Depo Shot After Delivering In Sept. I Haven't Had A Period Since Delivery. I Got The Shot On Dec4 This Is My 1st Period. I Have Blood Clots Bigger Than A Half Dollar. Do You Have Any Suggestions On What Is Happening. I Delivered By C-section. I Haven't Been Sexually Active...

View more questions Search