Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chance123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2012, 08:35 AM
    Academic disqualification
    I dropped out/flunked out of the University many years ago. During a difficult time in my life, my mother died, I started just not going to my classes and ended up on academic probation, and later was diqualified for not properly withdrawing and taking a lot of wf or w grades. Would there be any way to salvage the almost 100 units I did accumulate and end up with some kind of degree, would the university ever let me back in after explaining what happened and to some degree start again. I did go back to the community college and took an AA degree for a certificate program that I did finish.

Do you think it is a waste of time or is there some kind of way for students with prior problems to become readmitted? I guess it depends on the university to some degree? Does anyone have experience with this.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 5, 2012, 08:15 PM
    If this is in the US, speak to an academic advisor of the university you want to attend for help with your situation. The "many years ago" you mention may be an issue. There are time limits on classes counting toward degrees. That may hinder your ability to use these old credits toward a degree. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security clearance disqualification for 3rd degree felony on theft charge [ 0 Answers ]

Five years ago I had a forgery charge reduce to a (3rd degree felony) theft charge and a theft by check dismissed. I'm requesting and eligible for non-disclosure of the offense after 2009. Presently I hold a security clearance TS/SCI and due for renewal in 5 months. Can I still be eligible...

What will be my academic result [ 1 Answers ]

What will be my academic result

Becoming an Academic Advisor [ 2 Answers ]

I've applied for several positions as an academic advisor but never hear from any of the universities or colleges. I have an advanced degree and teach in some capacity on a regular basis. Do I need a certificate or something ? It is frustrating because I love working in academic environments and I...

Academic standing [ 1 Answers ]

My schedule this term includes a four-credit literature class and a two-credit photograph class. Is it fair to say that the literature course should be worth more towards my academic standing than the photography class?

Becoming an Academic Advisor? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have an leads on positions in Academic Advising?? I have to finish three clases and I will have a degree in Guidance and Counseling. I work in Career Services so I have work experience on giving advice and guidance but I want to concentrated more in Academics. I completed my...

View more questions Search