Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herb100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2012, 03:07 AM
    Unprofessional employment reference
    I have asked an employer from six year ago to give me a reference. We had a good working relationship, and she has given me a glowing reference with regards to the work that I did. However... She is clearly miffed that I did not keep in touch since I worked for her, and the reference is overshadowed by her emotions regarding this.
    Since my failure to keep in touch is a personal issue, and in no way relevant to the work that I did, or my ability to do this work, can she really do this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 5, 2012, 03:34 AM
    She can say whatever she wants.
    You can try to repair any damage done (you are very vague about what that might be) by explaining the story.
    You don't have a lawsuit as far as I can see, unless you want to explain here.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 5, 2012, 05:26 AM
    You asked for the reference, there are no laws governing this. She can say anything she wants as long as she doesn't lie or defame.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprofessional reference check [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question about a reference check. I applied for a position at an educational institution in November. At the end of December, I received notification that I'd be interviewed in mid-January. The interview was two hours long and seemed to go very well, though I wasn't asked for...

Employment Restrictions on Employment Authorization Card [ 0 Answers ]

I am in the process AOS (I485) under Eb3 from India. My Priority date is Dec 2002. I have been working on a Federal Project as a contractor on my EAD. 2 days ago, they let me go for the reason that the project became high risk, and only US citizens and GC holders are only allowed. I am planning to...

Bad Employment Reference [ 2 Answers ]

Please could you let me know if I have to include my last employment on my resume. I was dismissed from this job and fear that a reference from this company will prevent me from securing a new position. I was in this job for around 16 months and had been with my previous employer for over 18...

Unprofessional conduct of a private investigator [ 3 Answers ]

I hired a private investigator in 2006 and he gave me all wrong information about the women my husband was cheating with. I gave him $3500.00 up front and all I had left he claims was $926.00 now I want all my money back for services never received. I received no photos, no videos, and he hired...

View more questions Search