Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janrich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 06:36 PM
    1099-misc Sweepstakes winnings
    I received a 1099-misc for sweepstakes winnings from out of state. I claimed it on my federal return. My question is, Would this be taxable in Pa. where I live? I'm using Turbo Tax, and there is a box to check if it is not taxable in Pa.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Yes, it IS taxable in PA.

And PA got a copy of that Form 1099-MISC, so they WILL let you know about it if you do not claim it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099-misc [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I was a full time student and also during that time I worked as a T.A and consequently have the W-2 with that income and also as an independent contractor (I have the 1099 MISC which corresponds to that income). As I understand it even though my total gross income is below the minimum...

F1, 1099-misc [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am from India and a non-resident in CA, on F1 and would graduate in 2008. My situation is as follows, A) I worked for a small business in aug 2006 - oct 2006 for their website in their office with public transport, had personal meals and my own computer etc. and I recently got a...

1099 misc [ 1 Answers ]

I received an 1099 misc from the university I attended. It have a total in Box 3 and federal withholding in box 4. what form do I use and where does it appear on the 1040. Thanks in advance :confused:

1099 Misc [ 3 Answers ]

I have a contractor that provided service to repair a furnace. He invoiced us for labor and parts on one invoice. Is this total amount included on 1099MISC or do you break it down. Are visiting nurse associations eligible to receive a 1099Misc form with reportable income in box 6? When a...

1099-Misc [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Last Year I worked part-time and my Non-employee compensations was $1610.35(1099-Misc). I worked partly from home on my computer, and part of the work was at an office on a computer. My question is: What are the deductions I can claim on this non-employee compensation of $1610.35. Thanks for...

View more questions Search