Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajsmitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 01:56 PM
    House Air Conditioning
    I recently had an inspection done on a house I am purchasing. Each time that the inspector tried to turn on the air conditioner, it would trip the breaker which resulted in not being able to run the a/c at all. Any suggestions on what could be wrong? Thanks in advance for your help
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Short in the wiring, weak breaker, shorted compressor. Sounds like the breaker is doing it's job. However, an older breaker may trip on start-up since the instantaneous starting amperage draw is high
    ajsmitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Short in the wiring, weak breaker, shorted compressor. Sounds like the breaker is doing it's job. However, an older breaker may trip on start-up since the instantaneous starting amperage draw is high
    Thank you. I will give that a try and let you know the outcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far can an air conditioning compressor be away from the house? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a house in the country and do not want to hear or see the hvac compressor. We would like to place it about 150 feet away from the house. Is that possible?

My air conditioning is not cooling the house. [ 0 Answers ]

My air conditioning is not cooling the house. We had a major storm here the night before, but it seemed to be working through the night. I left early the next morning. When returning home the afternoon-the house was hot. I opened the circuit breaker panel and noticed some of the switches were on...

My air conditioning is not cooling the house. 98 degrees in house. What's wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

My air conditioning is not cooling the house. 98 degrees in house.

My air conditioning unit will not cool the house [ 6 Answers ]

My air conditioning unit will not cool the house & makes extremely loud banging & screeching noises when it's running. What could be possible causes for this? Just a quick question.

House Heating & Air Conditioning [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there: I have American Standard HEATING AND AIR , After set the temp, the heater is start running hot air, about 4-5 min is worm air, then become cold air and never stop, till manualy shot it off , keep blowing cold air , some one told me go and change the termostat controler but did not...

View more questions Search