Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mjoseph02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 09:18 PM
    Smells kind of funny
    A relative of mine, is in county jail, charged for a crime he isn't guilty of. I know everyone says this but it's the truth. He has a paid lawyer; his bond is 220,000.00.
    Police can't place him at the scene cause he was dropped off first. Apparently, they have ALL this evidence, which is all hearsay. So, what is he supposed to do?
    holyguacamole Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 08:05 PM
    What happened to the lawyer he hired? Go to a bail bondsman and get him out. As slow as the justice system is, his trial could be a year or two away. If no one posts bail, he'll have to sit in jail until his trial.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2012, 08:33 PM
    Just throwing out some things here-devil's advocate type.
    The judge must have thought there was some decent evidence to set the bail that high or your relative has a bad record? Or what?
    What's the crime?
    "Police can't place him at the scene cause he was dropped off first."
    First? Before what? Does he have an alibi?
    Can you be specific about the hearsay evidence, maybe give some examples of what you are considering "hearsay" ?
    I am not a lawyer but I don't think you have made a very good case in your post.
    You haven't given any reasons that make you feel that he is not guilty.
    Not enough information in my opinion. Most people do say that they are innocent--and just as often their friends and relatives say- my friend/relative could never do a thing like that. But many times it turns out that they did do that. Give more detail and maybe someone here can give you some suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kind of just want to end it [ 7 Answers ]

I think my mind is messed up or something... All I want to do is die I write suicide notes to myself constantly. A lot of my life has gone wrong but I don't think that matters though I look forward in life and I just can't see why I would want to live even If I lived in the nices house in the...

The funny things dogs do and eat, and other funny pet stories [ 69 Answers ]

Okay, before I totally hijack another thread, I'm starting a new one. :o This is all about pets. Dogs are in the title, but come one come all, we want to hear the funny things your pets do, if they've ever eaten something they shouldn't, if they know a unique trick. Whatever you want to tell...

Sink smells like sulfer, my husband says it smells like bleach [ 4 Answers ]

Our downstairs bathroom sink smells like sulfer to me... my husband says it smells like bleach. :confused: It seems to have the more of an odor in the morning. This is the only sink that smells this way. We are on county water. I just want to brush my teeth with clean smelling water.:D ...

This is kind of fun [ 11 Answers ]

This is from the National Institute of Standards and Technology: The official US time Click on your time zone and watch what happens! :)

View more questions Search