Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AtlantaFolk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 01:39 PM
    My Lennox G40UH (X) Does Not Have Hot Air => 1st LED Flashes, 2nd LED Is On
    Hello All Brothers, we really, really need your help. Our family live without heater almost a week. We both lost our jobs that is why we must wait until today.

Here is the problem: Based on the diagnostic codes, 1st LED flashes, 2nd LED is On => Primary or secondary limit switches open.

Here is what we did: We first took out the primary switch and bypassed it by connecting 2 wires together, then turned on the furnace. Nothing happened, it just blowed out cold air for 6 minutes.

Then, we installed back the primary switch to its place; turned on the furnace and then taped on the fiber board many times [hopefully, it would close] but nothing happened. We then bypassed two secondary limit switches by connected the wires, but nothing happened either. We also took out the plastic hose between Combustion Air Inducer & Combustion Air Pressure Switch to cleaned it up.

Currently, we put back the first and the secondary witches and the hose to their places. Turned the Gas Valve off and then on. Again, our furnace just had only cold air for a couple minutes, then it was off automatically. We also notice that the Air Inducer did not run at all.

Brothers, would you please help us out. Your input and your suggestions are always appreciated and remembered. Gods Bless you and your family, Brothers.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2012, 05:50 PM
    You need to check and see if you have 115v going to the inducer motor. You can turn the power off and the back on going to the furnace to reset the control board. Check out pages 32,33,34.
    Www.lennox.com/pdfs/installation... /Lennox_G40UH_IOM.pdf

Nov 3, 2012, 06:03 AM
    Hello Brother!! Would you please tell us how to check and verify if the inducer motor has 115v, and how we can reset the control board? Many thanks for your time and your help, Brothers.

Nov 3, 2012, 09:44 AM
    There is no 115V. Coming to Inducer, I tested inducer itself it running normally. How can I reset the control board? How can I get power for inducer? Do you think my control board is bad?

First, when I turned on the power, blower ran normally, but the inducer just started and stopped immediately. Currently, LED 1 still flashes, LED2 is still on. Thank you so much for your time and help.

Take care,
    Tiffany

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light on our Lennox G40UH(X) Series furnace won't light [ 24 Answers ]

The pilot light on our Lennox G40UH(X) Series furnace won't light. We went through the steps to restart the furance. The blower turns on for a few minutes but blows cold air and the pilot light never comes on. How can I fix this?

Lennox G40UH running when not required [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old Lennox G40UH gas furnace. The furnace runs for short periods (2-3 minutes) 10-15 times per hour. This happens even when the house temp is above the thermostat setting. I have replaced the thermostat but the problem continues. I have checked the diagnostic lights before, during...

Lennox g40uh - delayed ignition [ 0 Answers ]

G40UH lennox is about 3 years old, the heat on message comes on , but sometimes it takes a long time before it fires up? Any suggestion of what the problem could be?

Lennox G40UH(X) series - blowing cold air outside [ 3 Answers ]

Lennox G40UH(X) series - blowing cold air outside - would like to know what I can check before having to spend money for service to come check it? Can I check filters, fans, wires, etc?

Blower does not run automatically on lennox g40uh(x) furnace [ 0 Answers ]

The thermostat sends the signal for heat and the exhaust fan goes on, but the blower fan does not start and the furnace does not ignite. The fan blower does work if I manually turn the fan to on (instead of auto) at the thermostat. I tried tapping on the limiters, but it doesn't seem to help. ...

View more questions Search