Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtoflyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 01:27 PM
    York a/c model #cl 42-6a
    Compressor won't start, fan motors both running OK, fuses OK. Was OK last time used. Older York a/c model # cl 42-6a.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 2, 2012, 03:02 PM
    I would start by having the compressor capacitor checked.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2012, 05:36 PM
    I agree that's the first place to start. Run capacitors go bad all the time. It's a cheap part and most hvac companies will test it for free if you take it to them in hopes of a parts sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does York Model AHP36C2AH21A have a Heat Pump? [ 6 Answers ]

We are having trouble with replacing our thermostat for our unit. We have the following wires: Blue, Red, Yellow, White, and Green. On the old thermostat they were hooked up in the following way: Blue-RH, Red-RC, White-W, Yellow-Y, and Green-G. The thermostat never shut the fan off when the heat...

Ac york model dm150n15n2aaa1a? [ 1 Answers ]

I need wiring diagram for heating system of this unit

"No heat" on York m/n P3CUD model furnace. Need help. [ 0 Answers ]

Cust complained about no heat. Arrived at residence and immediately found bad spiral type HSI that was cracked-replaced with Sil-Nitride type. Also suspected old W/R 50E/47-070 Ignition control-replaced with universal control. Cleaned & checked burners, flame sensor(flame sense reading @...

York furnace model #p1ddb12n08001c [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my gas valve because it was cutting off after a few minutes of operation. This worked great for about a month or so but now it is doing the same thing again. Is there another issue or is the gas new gas valve bad too? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Reedlr

View more questions Search