Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pleasehelp222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 07:17 AM
    Furnace vents smell sweet
    My new carrier infinity furnace was installed last month. There is a sweet smell from the vents and it is especially strong when the heat is high. We have has the ducts cleaned and technician has already checked the unit. Nothing was wrong with it.

Please help me figure this out.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2012, 06:09 PM
    With a central heat and air system the return air will pull air and smells from all parts of the house and push it out the supply ducts to all parts of the house. What I'm getting at is, you could have a smell in one room or parts of the house and when the system kicks on it will distribute the smell through out the whole house. In turn the smell may not be coming from the system but distributed through the hvac system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sweet smell [ 0 Answers ]

Bought new backer board was damp and had a strong sweet smell to it anyone know why

Cabbage smell from gas furnace vents and cold air vents. [ 1 Answers ]

ITs horrible... I really think its making me ill... had a guy check the furnace about 4 yrs ago... its a Carrier high efficiency. I was told it could be the heat exchanger but I don't read anything that says it has this putrid smell. Its like a sewer smell. I need help... I really think I have...

Sweet Smell [ 1 Answers ]

I am 18 weeks pregnant with my second, and I have my 4th ultrasound next week. In the past few weeks I have had a fishy odor which I am sure is bacterial vaginosis, I had it with my last pregnancy. The only thing I have noticed in the past 48 hours is that I am always wet down there. I have to...

Sweet Smell [ 3 Answers ]

I just got an air conditioner for my apartment and I have noticed that there is a sweet smell coming from it. Is this a bad thing? What should I do?

View more questions Search