Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gold-Finger Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Nov 2, 2012, 05:52 AM
    Does stilted english means that the writer is dumb in using the langauge
    -Or can it be said to be their style.

For example:

1. Is there anyone to expect, that in social tasks he seeks to complete, he requires spirituality?

2. Procure for yourselves an implement for writing.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 2, 2012, 06:25 AM
    No, 'stilted' doesn't mean the writer is dumb (if you are referring to joy's response). Look the word up in the on line dictionary if you are unsure of what it means. Or let me do it for you:

stilt·ed/ˈstiltid/
    Adjective:

(of a manner of talking or writing) Stiff and self-conscious or unnatural: "we made stilted conversation".

Exampe one is okay, however, 'procure' in the second is a useless word for the meaning it intends, if I am reading it correctly, are you saying 'get a pencil', or are you saying 'learn how to write'?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 2, 2012, 06:28 AM
    It's also an indication of large chucks of Copy and Paste work when writing an essay.
    Basically the author doesn't understand how all of the copied phrases link together and so the tone, flow and style of the piece is disjointed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone tell me what this means in english [ 2 Answers ]

प्रेमामृतत्वमस्ति This is in Sanskrit. Could someone *** translate it to English. I've heard a lot about celebrities like rihanna and david beckham that have sanskrit tattoos that are not correct Just wanted to make sure this is 100% Thanks Thanks

I have Asus external CD writer and I want to change to DVD Writer [ 2 Answers ]

I have Asus external CD writer and I want to change to DVD Writer, I don't know how to dismantle the external drive

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

Use CD Writer as DVD Readr/Writer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to find the way to use a CD writer as a DVD Writer.

View more questions Search