Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Making small fonts legible in PhotoShop or PSP
    Is there a trick to making small font sizes crisp in photoshop or Paint Shop Pro? I need to make a couple of web badges and I can't seem to make the small writing crisp and clean.
    ragedigital Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 08:29 PM
    You're using them for the Internet or are you printing them?
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Apr 20, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Hi,

Depending on the version of photoshop there is a feature next to font size setting where you can choose "Strong", "Smooth","Sharp" and "Crisp". But in some cases this will not be of much use depending on what you want to use it for. For example a printed document relies also on the quality of the printer. A web graphic on the other hand, the problem is size you could for example save you graphic as a high quality uncompressed tiff but the file will be as big as the origianl psd file. The problem with jpeg is that a compression/smoothing happens, you could try and set the quality to the highest level but in the end you file size will increase.
    And unfortunately not everybody has highspeed at home.
    kriskstar Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Jun 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Is there a trick to making small font sizes crisp in photoshop or Paint Shop Pro? I need to make a couple of web badges and I can't seem to make the small writing crisp and clean.
    Try using the pen tool to trace over the font at a normal size, then you can adjust the size of the letters without them losing quality, since the pen tool draws a vector picture. (just in case you don't know, look up the difference between vectors and rasters on Google or something, then it might give you a better idea at a different approach for projects that you might need duplicate copies of a picture, but in different sizes).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psp [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get online with a psp. Also how can I put music tracks and vids on my psp. Please help me :confused:

I need help with my psp! [ 4 Answers ]

2 questions 1.Is there a psp firmware 2.81 downgrader to 1.5 2.Is there a DevHook launcher for 2.81 :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dvd to psp [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know the best sotware to use to convert dvd files into mpeg-4 files so that I can then store them on my psp?

Problem making colored marks in Photoshop [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I just installed Adobe photoshop CS2 on my computer four day ago, and been tinkering with it. I've noticed that when I open a new file and try to use the brush to or any too to make a mark on the open new file, every mark I make seems to be in blackish and grayish gradiation even...

Problem making colored marks in Photoshop [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I just installed Adobe photoshop CS2 on my computer four day ago, and been tinkering with it. I've noticed that when I open a new file and try to use the brush to or any too to make a mark on the open new file, every mark I make seems to be in blackish and grayish gradiation even...

View more questions Search