Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    braker42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Enviroplus90 rpj2
    The top part of the furnace turns on but the bottom (Fan blower) does not come on. There is a power switch on the side ON/OFF switch and a safety button that depresses on the bottom when you place the fan cover on. This triggers the unit to come on. That said, the fan never comes on at all. I tried to find a reset buton at the top of the unit but there is not one.

How can I check to see if the fan is bad? The belt appears to be connected but the fan doesn't make any sound nor does it come on. There is a little tan unit on the middle level with an on/off switch. I turned both on/off switches off for a full minute after turning the power box off. Your help would be much appreciated if you know how to troubleshoot the fan and ideally know how to do simple fixes to it.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2012, 07:45 PM
    If you can turn the fan switch to on at the thermostat and it runs. I would say you have a bad fan limit control switch. The reason I say this is that if you are checking the BELT on the blower motor the heat side of the blower is controlled through a fan/limit control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I need the wiring diagram for a RPJ2 Model #FGMB024G050IN1, Serial #B931648243 [ 0 Answers ]

I need to have some work done on this unit, but was told the diagram is needed to make repairs. (Apparently there have been some creative individuals that have worked on this over the years.) Any help is appreciated.

Where is the reset button on my Comfortmaker rpj2? [ 0 Answers ]

The electric went out this morning from a storm. When electric returned the air conditioner did not come back on. Someone told me to look for a reset button, but I cannot find one. Does anyone know where the reset button and a Comfortmaker RPJ2 model EPD24B15A1 would be?

Comfort maker rpj2 [ 1 Answers ]

I need installation manual for this unit where do I find this.

View more questions Search