Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chbourdo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 07:41 AM
    Please help I'm tired of getting BIT.
    In my little studio my girlfriend and I had bed bugs and fleas but we got bed bug spay flea protection for our cat and dog. We cleaned up well vaccumed and we are still getting bit only this time I don't think its fleas of bed bugs when I got one its looks like a little black speck that jumps and bites please help!!
    What Do I have
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 31, 2012, 12:12 PM
    That's just a young flea. Fleas are noted for jumping.
    You need bombs. They are sold in packs of 3, and you only need one per room, but you might need more later.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Nov 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
    Where's Catsmine when you need him? He/she has good experience on flea control. (Joy, remember that a young flea is a larval flea and a larval flea doesn't jump. The adult flea that jumps is the last stage in the life of a flea. I would call that an old flea.)

Controlling the fleas on your pets is very important. Nowadays, you can buy drops that you put on your pets that are very effective. Vacuuming is also important.

Bedbugs are very good at hiding. You have to treat inside the walls, behind the baseboards, inside the bed frames.

Bed bugs and fleas can be hard to control. If you can afford it, it's better to call a licensed pest control company to help.

Otherwise, here are two resources:
    UCIPM - fleas
    UCIPM - bedbugs
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 1, 2012, 07:00 PM
    Sorry about mixing up the facts. I dealt with fleas all summer, when Frontline just wouldn't work! I bought Advantix and that worked but I had to wait or I'd overdose them.

Anyway, there were big fleas, little fleas, specks (eggs), and some jumped and some didn't, and I think it's easy to think of them all as jumping. I just don't know of any other likely bug that jumps.
    I bombed twice, laundered whatever I could, dosed the pets, and vacuumed, mopped, and swept. Of course they are all waiting outside to jump on the animals again. And again. I hate using chemicals on them but we have to!
    1stoppest Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Bug bombs do not work for bed bugs period. Just wondering but after you vaccumed did you throw out the vacuum cleaner bag? If not the flea eggs will hatch and they will get out of the vacuum cleaner and come find you since you are the food source for them.

Bed bugs will require a professional pest control treatment to get rid of them. It's just to hard for the common homeowner to do on their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I just tired? [ 2 Answers ]

Lately I've been feeling tired. My head hurts all day, my legs, my arms, and my back. My parents tell me its because I don't eat fruits, vegetables, and all those healthy foods. They also say my headaches are because it is SO hot right now. I also feel weak sometimes. Is it just that I'm tired?

Tired of that. [ 14 Answers ]

Yesterday, I got offended by some girl who tried to let me down by underestimating me. I didn't care about it because offensive people are all around me, but I got annoyed from my ex best friend. She just was like her, annoying not caring about how (the offensive girl) her words were hurtful. I'm...

I am always tired, what vits can I take which will help me feel better and less tired [ 1 Answers ]

I feel tired all the time, don't seem to have an energy and always seem to be ill if there is flu going around I pick it up. I can't exercise as much as I use to and I am still tired.

Always Tired! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 and I don't know why but it feels like I'm always tired and have little bit of energy during the day but when it comes night I feel fine?

View more questions Search