Joan Joyner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Alphabetical filing
    When filing in alphabetical order where do you file Mc? Alphabetizing
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
    After Mb and before Md.

I've done filing for years, and have never separated the "Mc" names from any of the rest of the M's.
    GlasgowSpaniel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Mac or Mc are treated as being the same, the order being taken from the next letter in the name. Mac and Mc are filed before 'simple' M names e.g. MacMillan is filed after McLeod and both are filed before Martin. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Placing Favorites in Alphabetical Order [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP. When I add new folders to my Favorites list, I find they are not placed in alphabetical order automatically. Is there an easy way to correct this annoying problem? Thanking you in advance.

Complicated state tax filing between NY and NJ and missed filing from last year [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am really confused and would appreciate some feedback into how I should proceed with my taxes. My background: I am a non-resident alien, Canadian citizen who is a masters student studying and residing in NJ. During 2006, I worked on campus for a few months and receieved a W2 for...

Non-resident H4, ITIN number, e-filing, jointly filing taxes with spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a couple of questions. My spouse is a resident (H1) and I'm on an H4 visa. I'm a non-resident based on the substantial presence test. When we file our taxes 1) Do I need to get a ITIN number before we file our joint taxes? How long would it take to get one? 2) Once I have the...

Filing [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if my ex filed for bankruptcy and in our divorce decree it stated that he was to pay certain debts that I was a co-signer on, am I responsible for that debt when he files, and doesn't he need 4 years of tax papers to file?

View more questions Search