Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pepper26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
    Inherited vct tile floor issue
    I run a garden center in PA. Half of the retail space is converted over from an older grocery store which had VCT flooring. I am looking for recommendations on the maintenance program I should apply and information on estimates from outsourcing. In the transition from Grocery store to Garden center we carpeted over half of the VCT square footage for upscale patio furniture. However, I inherited the night time maintenance personnel that took care of the floor for the grocery store. I am trying to find out if I can save money by hiring an outside company to come in and do the work. App. 16,000 sqft VCT floor space, with about 50% of that taken up by fixtures which would need to be worked around. Also 2 bathrooms to clean. Obviously we don't have the same amount of cart traffic the grocery store did but the maintenance program has not yet been adapted to adjust for that traffic drop off.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install tile base molding on diagonal tile floor? [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed a diagonal ceramic tile floor in my bathroom. I want to know how to install the base,is there a pattern to installing? I have diagonal sheet rock walls in the bathroom, will this change my pattern too? Can I use the same tile as the floor or do I need to purchase bull nose tile?

How to replace wall tile without damaging floor tile? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to replace the tile on the surround of my bathtub. The floor tile however was not set under the surround wall tile. Is it possible to replace the surround tile without damaging or replacing the floor tile around it? Your advice is appreciated! Thanks,

Toilet soil pipe is 1/2 in below fin. Tile floor how do I built concrete floor up [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 problems,just had my bathroom floor tiled on top of concrete floor and was going to use a outside 4 in outside flange on a 4in soil pipe. I can fit over soilpipe now but tile under flange bolt down holes have no concrete under them,plus top of soil pipe is 1/2 inch below top of tile ,tile...

Is tile bullnose baseboard installed before or after floor tile? [ 8 Answers ]

My porcelain tile comes with a bullnose that I want to use as the baseboard. I found a response to another question, stating that the floor should be installed first, but I want a grout line between the floor tile and the baseboard, it would be very hard to make it uniform if the floor is...

Can't get paper up from old vinyl floor. Laying ceramic tile on kitchen floor [ 5 Answers ]

I looked for a similar question on this site before asking and all I could find is a question about ripping up vinyl flooring to lay hard wood flooring down... So I will ask my question, I just got done ripping up the vinyl from my kitchen floor and plan to lay ceramic tile down tomorrow, I too...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.