Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 12, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Holidays in the UK
    Hi,

Last year my dad had a very serious stroke and is now very disabled, and also diabetic. He is currently in a residential care home while my mum sells their house and we manage to buy a house suitable for him to reutrn to. We want to go on holiday, but obviously don't want to have to leave my dad out. Are there any affordable holidays suitable for both disabled people, and children (I have 2 kids, 4 and 5) where he can get the care he needs and we can all have a good time?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Squiffy, honey, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I was just getting prepared to head out the door when I saw your posting. Here are a couple of links for you to take a look at. Also, Fodors has a travel book geared toward people with disabilities, you can read the book reviews online.

Directory of disabled access holidays & vacations for people with a disability

Information on Disabilities - Online Directory

Amazon.com: Great American Vacations for Travelers with Disabilities: With Complete Accessibility Information on Hotels, Restaurants and Attractions (Fodor's Great ... Vacations for Travelers With Disabilities): Books: Fodor's

Hope this helps. :)
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 12, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Thank you so much! I will check all these out and fingers crossed we can go away this year!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Holidays [ 3 Answers ]

Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving. The Holidays are here again-so soon! This time of year is not a time of joy for everyone. In fact, it can be a very depressing time for a lot of us. I wanted to open this thread in hopes people will come to talk if they are starting to feel depressed...

Yes - happy holidays all [ 10 Answers ]

I'll be traveling the next 10 days or so. I'll have my laptop and go to cyber cafes. I doubt I will make it to this site much. Anyone can feel free to send me a private e-mail throug hthe site and I will get back to them. Take care all - enjoy your holidays. Be safe on New Years!!

Hutterite Holidays [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, doing a project on Hutterite culture. Just wondering if anyone knows what holidays hutterites celebrate, and how they celebrate them? Thanks for your time:)

Holidays for Women. [ 6 Answers ]

Once Every 4 years I think the ladies should be given an international holiday - in the sun - on the beach - wherever!! Just leave us lads alone to watch the World Cup!! :D

View more questions Search