Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    torrie28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Do I need permission from my kids fathers to move out of Missouri?
    I want to move back to Iowa to be closer to my family I have I have never been married to any of my kids fathers I need to know if I can leave state...
    Nikye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 09:24 PM
    The only way that you would have to even consider letting them know is if you have put them on child support and you guys have joint custody... other than that you are not obligated to ask for any permission. However it might be a good idea to give them a heads up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 11:38 PM
    What does your child support order and/or the child custody order or child vistation order say about it.

Normally if you move you will need to get his permission or permission of the court. Esp if it states so in the court orders,

If it does not state it in court orders, you may try to move, but the father can file in court to have the children returned to his state pending a hearing.
    ** assuming you and he both still live in the same state

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mother move a child out of the state without fathers permission [ 1 Answers ]

My sons mother planned a trip to her home state(OR) to visit family, with our son, who is 20mo. She was to return about 2 months later, but decided she was not going to come back home(AZ). Is there any consequences for her actions? What are the chances that I will be able to re gain custody of my...

Am I able to fly to the states with my kids without their fathers permission [ 0 Answers ]

I am a mother of 2 kids and I have been separated from their father for nearly a year now.although I am married to a marine and my husband is stationed in virginia I am trying to fly out with my kids to relocate with him.but the problem here is that their father disagrees with me.there is no legal...

Can I move me and my baby without fathers permission? [ 0 Answers ]

We live with baby's father but I want to move towards my family with baby. Not married, father is on b.c. no courts yet. Can I move without his consent because I'm scared of what he will try if I tel him.

Can I move with my children out of state without permission from their fathers [ 1 Answers ]

So I have two children and they both have different fathers I'm looking to move out of Iowa to Minnesota but not sure if I need a lawyer to do so. My 6 year old hasn't seen his dad for almost 3 years and they have no contact now he does pay childsupport. My 3 year old sees his dad on occasion but...

View more questions Search