Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woahvick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
    I want to go back to school and then get a job at a zoo
    I want a job in a zoo I love animals, its my passion I went to college for liberal arts, I hated it I dropped out. I have no idea where to begin or what to go to school for. I'm very hands on I learn so little with book work. Any sugestions?
    mrp2121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 09:38 PM
    Why u love zoo can you give me the some reasons which are effective and had sounds good

*** advertsing edited out of post*** to comply with site rules
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Nov 6, 2012, 02:00 AM
    You start by learning about the zoos and the jobs where you want to work. Every large zoo is likely to have a career and jobs listing website. Volunteer to find out what the job is like, what the zoo is like. Internships are great ways to let them know you're interested. Remember to work hard. You need to make a good impression to get the job, including using good grammar in correspondence with your future employer.

I'm sure there are quite a wide variety of jobs available at a zoo. Jobs like ticket taker, host, bus driver, service, design & construction, entertainer, tour guide, trainer, groomer, facilities, IT, custodial, zookeeper, caretaker, collector, curator, spokesperson, administration, scientist, and veterinarian. A college degree and/or experience will be required for the technical, higher paying and desirable jobs. If you don't go for the skilled positions, you may have to pay your dues, and work your way up the ladder to settle into the job you want. I bet there are jobs working with the animals that don't require a degree.

But if you want the most interesting jobs - not to knock liberal arts, (that is different animal), - a degree, and especially an advanced degree, in zoology is likely to involve a lot of book work. Find your talent, find what you're most interested in, and pursue that dream to the end. School is not meant to be easy.

Here are ideas:
    San Diego Zoo
    Cleveland Zoo
    Santa Barbara Zoo
    Long Beach Aquarium
    Monterey Bay Aquarium
    American Association of Zookeepers
    Dept of Labor job description
    Zoology schools
    UC Davis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back to school [ 0 Answers ]

First I am not changing schools, I am 23 quit in the 8th grade.. I , I know the experience will be life changing but because I will have a degree and then a career but will the structure help get my life in order and just help ? Because I will hve my mind on other things.this school is so that I...

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

Going back to school [ 4 Answers ]

I stopped going to school the first 2 months of softmore year .Im going back to school this year.I don't like to talk in class such as presentations,reading aloud,so on so on. Do you think if I requested to my guidance consoler that if I could not have to participate in class,and teachers won't...

Want to get back in school [ 3 Answers ]

I am 30 yrs old, and makee too nice money, but have bad credit and I want to go back to school. I need as much grant info as possible. I have been accepted to Devry and it's about $22,000 a year.

View more questions Search