Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Single_techmum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 01:07 PM
    No more heat/power to oven - neither bake nor broil elements
    Hi Everyone,
    I have a Frigidaire BFEF318AS1 cooking range, and the Bake element exploded and broke last week. I have since replaced it with a new one. But this changed nothing. There is no indicator light nor heat coming to neither the bake nor broil element.
    - I also replaced the fuse located on top 15 Amp (P type) no change.
    - I have purchased a multi-volt meter and now need some help :(
    I am not sure what else could be wrong. Did remove all of the back panels and no wire appears visibly burnt.

Can this possibly be the actual timer/clock unit located in the center even though the clock works just fine?

Can someone please help me or is the cost of getting this resolved/fixed not worth my while. So far down by $50 for bake element and fuse.

Thanks!!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2012, 01:11 PM
    Did you check the breaker for the range?
    Single_techmum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 03:36 PM
    There isn't a breaker on the actual range. I replaced the fuse but that changed nothing as well.
    In addition to the bake element being replaced. I have purchased a volt meter and verified ALL the circuit start to end.. and it turns out that the ONLY break in the circuit is the O.C. (Oven control/thermostat) which is another $100 replacement. So I shall head out and get that piece tomorrow. When the circuit was bypassed the indicator light turned on, and I was able to verify that the bake element turned on and heated too... so it must be the Oven thermostat...
    The only breaker I know of is the one that controls the power to the entire house which houses the power to the Oven too... That's what I had turned off when I replaced the bake element.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
    Oven and range should have a breaker. Are the breakers in rows or on box shapes
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2012, 09:28 AM
    Trace it with a meter. That's the easiest and fastest way to find out what is wrong. It could be anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace bake element still won't heat up on hotpoint oven [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced my bake element and it still won't heat up. The broil element heats just fine. Is there something else I need to repair?

Wall oven do both upper and lower elements heat on bake? [ 2 Answers ]

Frigidaire Model RBG3 94U presume it is at least 25 years old. Dimensions of oven inside are 17" x 18-1/2" When it is on bake cycle, do both upper and lower elements engage, or just the lower.

Broil works, bake does not [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a frigidaire stove, the bake does not work, the broil does, it is separate push button controls, I took the baking element out, it has continuity, what else is it most likely wrong,

Frigidaire range bake and broil element [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, We have a Frigidaire slide-in ceramic smooth top range. It is a Canadian model CPES389CA1. Seemingly no parts manufacturer on the Internet knows about this model. The range is five years old and it had less than normal use. Now there is no heat from bake or broil element anymore....

Can a 10 yr old gas Hotpoint oven be fixed if the bake doesn't work, broil works? [ 1 Answers ]

The appliance is a Hotpoint gas oven, electronic ignition, self cleaning, analog, approximately 10 years old. Turning the oven on broil it works, turning it on bake does not work. Stove top also works. I am hoping it is a part that can be replaced. Thanks

View more questions Search