Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pr_tito Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Is this sentence wordy or what?
    Please evaluate:

"Dear friend perhaps we should talk as I can smell the burning passion I as well have. We both have soaring desires to defeat the communist insurgents and leave them with nothing. However it is our misfortune that none of us can do it alone. But with our talents fused together, there shall not be a hindrance prevailing our victory."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
    It's not wordy but it needs help.

It this a manifesto to a government?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
    And it's not a sentence. It's several. Which one(s) do you need help with?

Oct 28, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Sorry about the mistake. It's a short prose. And I would just like to know what is impression about it.

Oct 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Wonder girl thanks for the response! Please tell what you think about the prose.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pr_tito View Post
    Sorry about the mistake. its a short prose. And I would just like to know what is impression about it.
    Impression? It's obtuse and needs work.

Are you supposed to put it into understandable English?

Oct 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Yes I would like it to be understandable. I need to know exactly the sentences that require revision and why does it needs to. And by the way Wonder girl is the problem of the prose about grammar structure or is it about the deepness of the sentences to the extent that they may not be understood?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pr_tito View Post
    Yes I would like it to be understandable. I need to know exactly the sentences that require revision and why does it needs to.
    Is this your homework, and if so, what have YOU determined about the paragraph? (I did my own homework for 19 years.)
    And by the way Wonder girl is the problem of the prose about grammar structure or is it about the deepness of the sentences to the extent that they may not be understood?
    "Deep" isn't an accurate description of the style. It sounds like someone mentally ill or trying to sound smarter than he is or like he's Ted Kaczynski.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
    Is the paragraph supposed to be rewritten and put into understandable and correct English? What have you done?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 08:53 PM
    Read it and tell me in your own words what is being said.

Oct 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Yes it is an assignment. I need your help by pinpointing the mistakes as I cannot do it alone.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
    You are allowed to rephrase it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Let's not rephrase right now. Look at the first sentence. What's wrong with it as far as punctuation and phrasing?

Dear friend perhaps we should talk as I can smell the burning passion I as well have.

Are there two missing words after "well"? It doesn't make sense now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I can change english sentence to bengali sentence for free? [ 1 Answers ]

The day I saw u last time you were slim but now...

If you flatten a probation sentence in jail do I owe fees on that probation sentence? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I owe fees for a probation sentence if I served the time to flatten the probation sentence if I have to come out on a second probation that was ran consecutive to the first?

What's the possible sentence? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend right now has not been going to his probation meetings for close to 6 months. He was on the 24/7 program, was watching a football game, fell asleep, and ended up sleeping through it. This was back in August. He knew that if he turned himself in he would be held for a long period...

What does this sentence mean? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a quick question. What does this sentence mean? "The emloyee further agrees that the payment of his/her last salary owed by the company may be withheld in full satisfaction of this agreement for any monies owed." By any monies owed to employee by the company? Or to the...

What is the possible sentence ? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the possible sentence for foreign citizen who caught trespassing private area in the state of Washington?

View more questions Search