Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boyka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Green card holder working for a foreign airline
    If I work for an airline outside of US can I stay for longer than six months ( as in not moving to the US completely ) provided I commute often , at times more than once a month. I just got my green card and want to stay working abroad for a bit longer so I can save up. Thank you.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 28, 2012, 07:43 AM
    You may be able to travel and stay outside of the US for up to one year at a time. However, it is not recommended as you need to be in the US for at least 6 months a year otherwise it jeopardizes your naturalization application.

By the way, you have to file your tax return, and don't claim your status as "non-resident even you stay outside US for over 183 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

u.s. green card holder owning foreign property [ 0 Answers ]

My husband is a U.S. citizen and I am a green card holder. We own a house in the Philippines. He and my daughter live there, and I live and work here in the U.S. Do I have to report the house to the IRS? My husband also transferred $50k from a U.S. bank account to a Philippine bank. Both...

Igot married to green card holder girl how could I get a green card? [ 3 Answers ]

I got married to green card holder girl of usa, how could I get a green card?

Uk citizen and us green card holder working in uae [ 1 Answers ]

I hold UK passport and my UAE working visa is stamped in that passport. I am a US permanent resident. When I file my US tax returns do I have to include income earned in UAE. I am earning this income as UK citizen. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Foreign Inheritance to US Green Card Holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I am green card holder (married to US citizen) working here in the US. I am a Canadian citizen by birth. I file taxes here in the US and not Canada. My father (Cdn citizen) recently passed away in Canada and left me a sum of money in excess of $100,000.00. What are the tax consequences...

View more questions Search